PDA

View Full Version : Hair towel?

RedSuedeShoes
12-13-2015, 01:12 AM
Has anyone used these? Specially shaped towels to wrap around your wet head - some are wicking fabrics like bamboo. Are they supposed to make your hair dry faster? Do they work? I'm thinking of getting my DD one for Xmas - she hates going to bed with wet hair. But I'm only interested if they are actually worthwhile. Any thoughts?

mikala
12-13-2015, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I use one everyday. I put it on after I shower in the morning and wear it for a couple minutes while I help the kids with stuff/get dressed. I don't know how much it helps my hair dry faster vs just being easier to keep on my head while I'm moving around. The microfiber also seems to dry faster than my standard hand towels so I can go a week between hair towel washes when I had to wash my cotton towels more often.

It isn't absolutely life changing but definitely worth the $5-10 to try.

Mikey0709
12-13-2015, 08:16 AM
I also have used one everyday for probably the last ten years! Yes, not life changing, but soo convenient because it's lightweight, absorbant, and STAYS on! I even travel with mine! I usually get replacements are marshals/TJMaxx.

liz
12-13-2015, 08:40 AM
I've been using these towel for years. I have thick hair that takes forever to dry. I rarely use a hair dryer and I shower/wash my hair at night. I also take one of these towels with me when traveling. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/aquis-reg-essentials-lisse-long-hair-towel/3250554?Keyword=hair+towel. The towel definitely cuts down on drying time.

FYI, I've never used the hair wrap, just the towel

SASM
12-13-2015, 09:21 AM
I have two Turbi-twists that do not fit my DDs' heads. I have a small microfiber towel that is not fitted and works well with DD1 twisting up herself...fits her head but doesn't fit on mine.

Ms B
12-13-2015, 10:44 AM
I've been using these towel for years. I have thick hair that takes forever to dry. I rarely use a hair dryer and I shower/wash my hair at night. I also take one of these towels with me when traveling. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/aquis-reg-essentials-lisse-long-hair-towel/3250554?Keyword=hair+towel. The towel definitely cuts down on drying time.

FYI, I've never used the hair wrap, just the towel
I use these too. They are much more gentle on delicate or curly hair than regular towels are. They are super easy to pack to bring on trips and dry very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
12-13-2015, 11:00 AM
I use a hair towel as well and have been for years since I first started trying to no poo in my early 20s. I ditched the no poo (until recently I finally found products that work for my hair) but the hair towel stayed. Mine was a gift so I don't recall the brand. When I haven't been able to find my towel I used my Costco brand microfiber towel in a pinch and while it was small it did help dry my hair.

lizzywednesday
12-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I used a microfiber hair towel (some off-brand found at Target or something) for years, but still dealt with frizz.

I now use a thin flour sack towel from a set that we received as a wedding gift, but don't use in the kitchen. My hair is thick and wavy; the towel helps absorb the excess water to make it easier to dry with the hair dryer.

boilermakermom
12-13-2015, 04:32 PM
I love the Aquis hair towels from Bed Bath and Beyond. I have used them since the late 90's. They cut down on drying time for sure!

wendibird22
12-13-2015, 09:03 PM
We have 3 of the turbi twists and they work just fine for me and my DDs.