PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/ skin sensations ?

Melaine
12-13-2015, 04:41 PM
I am starting my second week of prozac at full strength (this is my 3rd or 4th time taking it). My hope is that this will go away over The next couple of weeks. But until then I may go crazy. What I am having is a slight feeling/tight tingle sensation on my cheek. It seems to be in a couple places but it has been repetitive or almost constant for a couple weeks now. I have had stuff like this in the past but this round has been the worst. I have trouble not thinking about it. My doctor says to give it 2-3 weeks on prozac and I will follow up if it isn't better. Anyone have anything like this? TIA!!

Meatball Mommie
12-13-2015, 10:25 PM
I have this happen to me if I forget to take it for a couple of days. A weird tingling feeling like what you describe but more in my brain than my cheeks. If I take the pill it will stop though. Never had it when I've changed dosage (up or down). I've been on it for 10+ years now.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Melaine
12-14-2015, 12:37 PM
That's definitely similar to what I mean. It's like I feel it there but yet I know there is nothing. it's really maddening and stressing me out. I think it's a bit better today. Really trying to stay hydrated and rested while these Meds kick in and just hoping that will take care of it. thanks for commenting, it does make me feel better!

Meatball Mommie
12-14-2015, 01:17 PM
No problem - it's a totally weird feeling. Hope you feel better soon!

mom_hanna
12-14-2015, 05:28 PM
I am not sure what you mean by full strength, but I am on 20mg and I've had a similar type of feeling, sort of like little electric shocks (really little). I've been on it for years now and have only had those sensations when I've forgotten to take it. I hope it passes soon for you!