PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn to take to a party

vonfirmath
12-15-2015, 11:29 AM
We have signed up to take "A large bag of popcorn" to our kids' holiday party later this week.

Is there any way we can make popcorn at home (From kernels OR microwave bags) Thursday night and the popcorn still be good for the party Friday? How would I do this? in the past, I have always made popcorn at the last minute to eat immediately. But I know it is sold in large bags at the store.

sadbunny
12-15-2015, 11:40 AM
We have signed up to take "A large bag of popcorn" to our kids' holiday party later this week.

Is there any way we can make popcorn at home (From kernels OR microwave bags) Thursday night and the popcorn still be good for the party Friday? How would I do this? in the past, I have always made popcorn at the last minute to eat immediately. But I know it is sold in large bags at the store.

Personally I would buy the Costco size bag of popcorn (I think it's Angie's) and be done with it. That way you don't have to worry about condensation from putting warm popcorn in a bag to transport it.

I've had leftover popcorn from the night before too, and it's ok.

elbenn
12-15-2015, 12:21 PM
I would also buy a big bag from Costco.

Mikey0709
12-15-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't even like microwave popcorn an HOUR later.... I would also buy a huge bag of already popped ;)

MommyAllison
12-15-2015, 02:28 PM
I made this as part of a movie birthday party for the party favors. Made it a few days ahead and bagged it, it was great the day of the party. I think baking it is the key to making it last. I skipped the nuts, but you could skip the chocolate as well and just have simple kettle corn. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/baked-kettle-corn-the-loaded-version/

vonfirmath
12-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Thank you!
I don't have a Costco membership. Was trying to decide whether to check out Sam's or not but having a recipe is good.

baileygirl
12-15-2015, 03:35 PM
I would get the big red Costco bag.

Aishe
12-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Thank you!
I don't have a Costco membership. Was trying to decide whether to check out Sam's or not but having a recipe is good.

If you have a Trader Joe's, my dc like their bagged popcorn a lot.

RiverRat
12-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Skinny Pop is another great brand. Both Costco and Sam's have it. It would be a safe snack if you were worried about nuts, etc.