PDA

View Full Version : Girls Charm Bracelet

Tammy
12-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Would like to get one for 9yr old DD. I want to add some charms to it now, and also be able to add more later. Things like big sister charm (if there is such a thing), soccer, gymnastics, dogs, etc. Any recs? I'm about out of time for online orders I'm guessing unless it's somewhere fast.

daisysmom
12-16-2015, 11:55 AM
We did one for our 8 year old this summer and she LOVES it, great gift idea. We got it online tho, James Averett I think it was called? Most jewelry stores like Kay and other mall jewelry stores will have them too. But I love James Averett and you may still have time.

jenstring95
12-16-2015, 01:44 PM
We did one for our 8 year old this summer and she LOVES it, great gift idea. We got it online tho, James Averett I think it was called? Most jewelry stores like Kay and other mall jewelry stores will have them too. But I love James Averett and you may still have time.

I think you mean James Avery. They have beautiful jewelry for kids and adults. They have tons of charms. I got an email yesterday about upgrading shipping for free (I think you still have to pay the original shipping costs, just not the upgrade fee), so you should still have time to order. www.jamesavery.com

vonfirmath
12-16-2015, 01:59 PM

James Avery? I remember they were the BIG jeweler for instrument charms when I was in High School (late 80s)

94bruin
12-16-2015, 02:29 PM
I've gotten my DD1 a bracelet and charms from this line: http://www.shopcharm-it.com/

Obviously not as nice as the other line, but I'm not afraid if she looses it or anything (not that she has.) The plus is when we go to Disney, we can add charms we buy at the park.

ETA: I've seen this at local independent toy stores as well as Nordstrom in the kids clothing dept.

gamma
12-16-2015, 02:32 PM
I bought my DGD one from James Avery for her confirmation. They were running a special, if you purchased 2 charms the bracelet was free. The charms arrive attached to the bracelet, future charms need to be brought to the jeweler or the bracelet sent back to them to be added. I also like my charm bracelet from Blue Nile. They also have a nice selection and the charms have a little clasp to attach them. I like that I can add Christmas charms and then remove them the rest of the year. Their charms are all silver or silver with enamel accents. I have silver charms, but the cruise ship that I wanted was discontinued and had a red enamel accent. The enamel has started to come off, so I have helped it along since i wanted all silver anyway. I did not call to let them know and even though the enamel is cute, I don't think I would buy it again. Both bracelets and charms are very nice quality and both are very reputable companies. Blue Nile always has specials and very fast shipping.