PDA

View Full Version : Teacher gifts cards?

boilermakermom
12-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Debating between Panera Bread or local teacher store.

Teacher has been teaching for 12+ years.

AngB
12-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Either is fine. I'm not sure how many teachers actually go to the teacher store once school has started (I definitely didn't and don't think my mom did either, but it also wasn't a very convenient location.) I would lean towards Panera.

acmom
12-16-2015, 12:42 PM
I would go Panera or Target.

PZMommy
12-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Panera or target. I rarely go to the teacher store once school starts.

twowhat?
12-16-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm going to do B&N this year. That way they can get gifts for themselves, Starbucks coffee, or the classroom if they choose.

squimp
12-16-2015, 01:19 PM
I like to support local business so I get cards to a local popular coffeeshop or food coop.

georgiegirl
12-16-2015, 02:00 PM
This year we are doing Starbucks & target.

belovedgandp
12-16-2015, 02:10 PM
I lean towards Panera. Good to treat yourself to lunch or even if you don't eat there, picking up bagels for a breakfast. We have cruddy bagel places around here.

Teacher supply store seems like work and not fun.

klwa
12-16-2015, 02:11 PM
My mom generally only went to the teacher store when it was something she could get reimbursed by the school for, since then she HAD to buy it from certain places.

I always do Target so they can either spend it on supplies for the classroom or on themselves.

JBaxter
12-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Mind getting one to Total Wine I want her to spend it on herself I can't see getting her a gift to the teacher store for Christmas

94bruin
12-16-2015, 02:25 PM
We're doing either a Visa gc or Amazon gc.

But for your choices, I'd choose Panera. It'd want the gift to be for herself, not the classroom.

gymnbomb
12-16-2015, 02:27 PM
DS's main daycare teacher is getting Target. Partly because it is highly recommended here as something that can be used for lots of different things, and partly because I bought Target gift cards on Black Friday to get the 20% off coupon so I already had one laying around. The graduate students who are my TA's got Dunkin Donuts which is the go-to coffee place here and has a couple of locations on/near campus.

jse107
12-16-2015, 04:37 PM
We got Amazon gift cards for teachers.

ourbabygirl
12-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Yep, I always do Target or Amazon.

mom2binsd
12-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Not the teacher store, and only Panera if you know she goes there, not everyone loves Panera (I think it's ok, but rarely go). Target or Amazon are great or a store you might know she likes to shop at (we do a questionaire that the teacher fills out so we know their preferences). I have a teacher friend, she doesn't drink coffee and has tons of gift cards to Starbucks and she doesn't really want to go there and buy tea.

DualvansMommy
12-16-2015, 06:36 PM
I'll only do panera if you know for sure your teacher likes it. I used to love panera for salads but I found they give me issues from the dressings. So I only get bagels or soup there.

I'm doing iTunes and Starbucks for main teacher as I know for a fact she loves to download tv shows and saw her drinking Starbucks cups numerous mornings. I would get the aide same GC, but getting her GC from crate and barrel, only because I know she has wedding registry for her own upcoming wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk