PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the Beachbody 21 day fix and/or 21 day fix extreme?

jerseygirl07067
12-16-2015, 10:19 PM
I had fallen off the wagon of eating well and working out regularly, so started it a few weeks ago and am just about to finish it. I absolutely love it! The work outs are about 30 mins or less which is key for me since with that short amount of time there are no excuses! And I love the eating plan....it's all about sensible portion control using color coded containers. Very easy to follow. Especially since my meals are kind of randomly put together during my normal day - breakfast is hardboiled eggs, nuts, and a piece of fruit, or lunch is berries and yogurt with cut up red peppers and hummus for example. ( I do homevisits so I need easy stuff to eat in the car). So it's easy to track everything.

I wondering if anyone has done it or the 21 day extreme. I was wondering how they compare. I'm not affiliated, but I find this way of eating very easy and sustainable for me, as well as the 30 minute workouts.

acmom
12-16-2015, 10:27 PM
My DH and I did the 21 day fix workouts together and really liked them. We haven't tried the Extreme, but friends have and say it is a nice step up to try when you are feeling like you need more of a challenge. My DH and I decided we would want to do the regular one a couple more time before we tried the Extreme.

AbbysMom
12-16-2015, 11:05 PM
I've been doing it since July. Love it!

jerseygirl07067
12-16-2015, 11:50 PM
I've been doing it since July. Love it!

Do you have the regular one or the Extreme? I'm trying to see how much harder Extreme is. I still feel challenged by this one, but like to to change things up too.

AbbysMom
12-17-2015, 09:58 AM
I have just stuck with the original and take about 1 week off between 21 day rounds. I should probably purchase extreme. I mix it up with total body conditioning classes at the Y sometimes but love working out at home and the 30 minute work outs.

daisysmom
12-17-2015, 11:46 AM
I did the regular Fix all summer, also loved it. I didn't do the eating exactly right (I can't do the shakeology b/c of a flax allergy) but I did love the dvds. I could totally see that my core and other parts were getting stronger. I did it from the start of May through the end of August every single day. My little sister did it too, tho she started in April. By the end of August for me, I could see real improvements with the number or burpees I do, the number of pushups, etc.

Fast forward to trying extreme in September, and it was REALLY HARD. I mean, really hard. I had to back off, and went back to doing mostly the regular ones with a few extremes in there. My little sister, though, transitioned well to extreme. She didn't find it as hard as I did (we live across the country from each other, so I never watched her, but I attribute it to her doing one more month of the regular than me).

I ended up with a nagging lower back pain that I couldn't quite get around, so I took a break from all dvd's and have been focusing more on cardio. I go through phases, but after Christmas will be back on the Regular Fix.

So, my advice is to go ahead and get them, but they might be a pretty big step up, in which case you can do some of each for a month or two. They are by no means easy, but I thought they were close to impossible whereas my sister just thought they were just hard.