PDA

View Full Version : HELP: TMI question regarding possibly "lost" tampon?

ckso
12-17-2015, 03:42 PM
sorry ladies, warning a little TMI (please don't laugh, or at least laugh silently ;/

today has been a crazy day (DD sick and upcoming trip),end of school, period started yesterday. Anyways, I can't remember whether I removed my tampon or not and freaking out a little bit. I tried to feel for it with my finger (sorry TMI) and didn't find it.

Is this something that I need to go have checked right away? I'm still on my period...do I wait? I'm on vacation next week too so I can't wait until next week.

Advice please....

erosenst
12-17-2015, 04:11 PM
I have NO idea how I know this.... (!!)

Try pushing as though having a bowel movement - that may help you get it out. If not, you'll need to make an appt with your ob/gyn or internist to have it removed/check to see if it's there.

Good luck!

gymnbomb
12-17-2015, 04:12 PM
I would give it another good try feeling with your finger, and if you still aren't sure you should go have it checked. I would not want to risk infection by leaving one lost for multiple days. (And I am one who is ok leaving for 10-12 hours at night, so I am not über cautious on this).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
12-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I would call your OB/GYN and ask what they advise, if there is anything you can do or if you should just make an appointment. I am sure they get quite a few calls like this every year!

marymoo86
12-17-2015, 04:37 PM
I have NO idea how I know this.... (!!)

Try pushing as though having a bowel movement - that may help you get it out. If not, you'll need to make an appt with your ob/gyn or internist to have it removed/check to see if it's there.

Good luck!

Along those lines, perhaps try sitting on the toilet to see if that gives a better angle?

nfowife
12-17-2015, 05:21 PM
You can try inserting another one. A tampon can't get lost so if there's one there you would hit it. Is it an ob?

California
12-17-2015, 05:38 PM
This was part of my pre-puberty class prep. Apparently a lot of girls are concerned about this. Your cervix will block it from going into your uterus, just in case you were worried about that!

Squatting while potty-style pushing can help you find it (if it's there.) Since you are closer to the start of your period the flow will also help it come out- it'll get heavier.

georgiegirl
12-17-2015, 05:39 PM
I would think that the level of bleeding might be indicative of whether there's something still up there or not. I would try to feel for it again, and if you can't feel anything, then just insert another one.

In college a good friend mistakenly left the cardboard applicator up in her vagina (she was still figuring out how to use tampons).

Katigre
12-17-2015, 05:55 PM
You should be able to digitally inspect your vaginal canal and find it if it's there. Use one or two fingers while squatting and bearing down sweep in a circular motion all around your cervix - if you don't feel anything then you're probably fine.

ray7694
12-17-2015, 07:14 PM
It can get stuck out of reach but I would guess need pushed up.