PDA

View Full Version : What to wear to interview?

lalasmama
12-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Mods: In the lounge for traffic :)

The local gym is offering a free personal trainer for a year to two people that go to our gym. They will do one-on-one weekly sessions for 11 months. An online presence is necessary for a weekly blog. And you have to be at least 50lbs overweight. My interview to be considered is next week. I have no idea what to wear. I'll be meeting/interviewing with the trainer that day.

Do I wear work our gear? Do I wear dressy casual? I can't imagine walking in to the gym wearing a dress and heels like a job interview!

For what it's worth, it's not a hoity-toity type gym. The personal trainers are former fluffy people who have a very "real" gym; just as likely to run into a body builder as a postpartum mom trying to get her body back.

I'll admit part of my problem with "what to wear" is the fact that people seem to think I'm 20-30lbs less than I am. In fact, people were shocked when I hit 200lbs, and said I didn't look it. So, I want to wear something appropriate, but also don't want to appear "too skinny" (lol!) to be a real contender.

So, what should I wear?

SnuggleBuggles
12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
I'd just do jeans and a top. I'd reach for a long sleeved fitted t. Might throw my fleece zip on over top.

mmommy
12-17-2015, 06:31 PM
I'd either wear workout gear or whatever you would normally wear for the rest of your day. I wouldn't dress up for it. Is there a chance they'd want to do some sort of fitness assessment then, or would that be later?