PDA

View Full Version : Recs for new Christmas stocking, casual rustic style

american_mama
12-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Our Christmas stocking have always bothered me; even though I chose them myself, I have never liked them. They are too big and formal for our living room. I learned this year DS stretched one out of shape last year playing tug-of-way with it, plus several other things, and I realized I would just prefer to buy new ones.

Any recommendations for stores? I want them in a casual style, little rustic or cottage-y and maybe some more natural colors. I'd like them to match but not be identical, and to be personalized with names.

Pottery Barn Kids is nice, but is sold out of most of designs.

Pennylane
12-25-2015, 07:33 PM
I was going to suggest Pottery Barn. I've had mine for 10 years and they still look as good as new!

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuca_
12-25-2015, 08:30 PM
If you have a Pottery Barn Kids store near you, check. Mine had a ton left a few days before Christmas. I got a couple for our pups, to match the rest of the family, and they were $13 each.

SnuggleBuggles
12-25-2015, 11:53 PM
I assume you can find exactly what you want on Etsy.

meggie t
12-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Check Ballard Designs.

carolinacool
12-26-2015, 01:31 AM
I would be careful about ordering anything from Pottery Barn right now. They are getting SKEWERED on Facebook. Tons of people apparently placed orders going back to November that never even shipped. And from what I can tell, PB's handling of the whole situation has been horrendous. I wanted new stockings this year, and checked PB's site several times in November before just going with some from Target with initials. I agree Etsy sounds like a good option.

Pennylane
12-26-2015, 11:06 AM
I would be careful about ordering anything from Pottery Barn right now. They are getting SKEWERED on Facebook. Tons of people apparently placed orders going back to November that never even shipped. And from what I can tell, PB's handling of the whole situation has been horrendous. I wanted new stockings this year, and checked PB's site several times in November before just going with some from Target with initials. I agree Etsy sounds like a good option.

Wow, just went to their Facebook page and people are pi**ed! I'd go with Etsy too! Although I [emoji173]️ my Pottery Barn stockings still!

Ann

NCGrandma
12-26-2015, 04:59 PM
After years of an increasingly 'eclectic' assortment of stockings, DIL ordered matching, personalized stockings for all of us this year from the following:
http://www.personalizationmall.com/Christmas-Stockings-c152.lp?start=1

They're really nice quality and a good medium size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elbenn
12-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Uglysofa has pottery barn stockings for much cheaper! They take the ones that were monogrammed wrong and then re-cuff the top (so they are little shorter than the original pottery barn stockings) and then sell then for $10-15 with free monogramming and shipping.

mackmama
12-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Uglysofa has pottery barn stockings for much cheaper! They take the ones that were monogrammed wrong and then re-cuff the top (so they are little shorter than the original pottery barn stockings) and then sell then for $10-15 with free monogramming and shipping.

Wow that's great to know - thanks for the tip!

mommytotwo
12-27-2015, 03:43 AM
Annie's Woolens did a great job a few years back...you may be interested in that style.

Momit
12-28-2015, 09:30 AM
We have the Lands' End needlepoint ones. Personalization available, and definitely casual/rustic style.