PDA

View Full Version : Perfect size for daily wear diamond stud earrings?

nfceagles
12-26-2015, 11:09 PM
DH got me beautiful diamond earrings for Christmas. They're stunning and I'm touched but I sort of wish they were smaller. DH himself said they were more of a special occasion earring, but part of me wants to trade them for something I can wear everyday instead of keep in a safe all year long. If budget weren't an issue, what would be your perfect size for diamond stud earrings that you want to put in and not take out for weeks/months at a time?

nfowife
12-26-2015, 11:14 PM
I wear 3/4 ct studs (each, so 1.5 total) every day. It depends on your comfort level. They feel great to me but I also have a larger sized diamond engagement ring and I wear that most everyday too (except the gym for the engagement ring).
If you feel they are too large, that's what matters!

Kindra178
12-26-2015, 11:14 PM
1-2 k for every day seems fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
12-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Between 1/2 and 1 is my preference.

elbenn
12-26-2015, 11:41 PM
I think it would be a good idea to buy cz studs in different sizes and try them out and see which size you prefer and then get that size for your diamond studs.

reneed
12-26-2015, 11:43 PM
I have just under 1 in each ear, but I'm 5'10" so they don't look big to me ��

nfceagles
12-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Between 1/2 and 1 is my preference.

Total or each?

Thanks ladies. This is helpful. These are definitely borderline to me which is why I'm struggling. Hate to seem ungrateful but hate to see DH spend this kind of money on something I'm worried about instead of completely in love with. In the box I thought they were a good size but when I saw them in the mirror I went Whoa! These are beautiful 1 carat total weight, so maybe I'm just being too self conscious.

cuca_
12-27-2015, 12:20 AM
I wear 1 ct total weight every day and would not mind going a bit bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
12-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Total or each?

Thanks ladies. This is helpful. These are definitely borderline to me which is why I'm struggling. Hate to seem ungrateful but hate to see DH spend this kind of money on something I'm worried about instead of completely in love with. In the box I thought they were a good size but when I saw them in the mirror I went Whoa! These are beautiful 1 carat total weight, so maybe I'm just being too self conscious.

Oh, I think 1 carat total weight-- 1/2 carat in each ear is completely tasteful! I think even 1 carat in each ear would be fine. Above that, and the studs would be showy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not what you're looking for. You're probably just not used to them yet. If you wear them daily, they'll just become part of your look. You don't need to worry that 1/2 carat is too much. Enjoy them, and wear them in good health!

iaam
12-27-2015, 12:56 AM
DH got me a pair for our 5th anniversary - each is 1 carat. I wear them for a few days at a time every few weeks - works great for me.

94bruin
12-27-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm 5'2". My diamond studs are 1 carat total weight. I think they are a great size.

Fwiw, when DH gave me a triple eternity diamond ring for our 5th anniversary/birth of DD1. I thought it was way too glitzy as I only wanted a single eternity band. However, I got used to it and love it! To this day, I get compliments on it, even though it's been 10 years. I think if you wear it daily, you'd get used to it. But I get being self conscious in the beginning. Wear them! You're worth it!

belovedgandp
12-27-2015, 01:09 AM
I have double piercings in both ears. I wear 1/2 carat and 1/4 carat in each ear every day - So I guess 1 1/2 "total" - these were for the birth of our first two kids. I've been hinting (and need to get more direct) that I'd like to upgrade. Move the 1/2 to the second hole and getting bigger primary earrings. I wear them 99% of the time.

SnuggleBuggles
12-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Total or each?

Total wt

lalasmama
12-27-2015, 02:14 AM
Hubby bought 1/4 tw studs for me on our wedding day. They are "perfect" for me--not too flashy or attention getting. Just a small, basic pair that fits well with my scrubs and my workout gear. If I want to wear something with more impact, I switch them up to my second holes, and wear something bigger in the first holes.

I guess I look at my "dinner ring" and that it's 2 carats tw between 5 stones. I can't imagine wearing the 1-carat-size one in each ear on a daily basis--way too much for my small ears.

pinkmomagain
12-27-2015, 11:35 AM
I wear 1.5k in each ear every single day. I didn't know there was such a thing as too big and would gladly wear bigger if ever offered!

theriviera
12-27-2015, 12:06 PM
I think mine are about 1.25 tw. I love them and have worn them since dh gave them to me on our wedding day 12 years ago. Fwiw I'm 5'3 and small boned. I would also gladly wear bigger if offered.

Philly Mom
12-27-2015, 12:35 PM
I wear 1k in each ear every day. Not too big at all. Could go bigger.

sf333
12-27-2015, 01:05 PM
I wear 1.5k in each ear every single day. I didn't know there was such a thing as too big and would gladly wear bigger if ever offered!

I would love to see a pic of this!

BananaMama
12-27-2015, 01:26 PM
I like 1k per ear for daily wear

erosenst
12-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Mine are a bit over 1 carat total weight. I've worn them almost daily for probably 20 years and love them. If cost were no object if probably size up to 1.5 total (.75 in each ear) but maybe 2. I don't think 1 ct total is too showy at all but I also think it's a bit of personal preference.

emily_gracesmama
12-28-2015, 01:18 AM
I have about 1kt in each ear that I wear constantly and I have short hair with my ears cut out so they are very visible and I feel they are fine for daily wear!

Twin Mom
12-28-2015, 11:26 AM
My studs are 1 carat for each ear and I don't think they are too big. I wear them almost every day and don't think much about it. I also have smaller studs that my parents gave me for my sweet 16 and I wear one in my 2nd hole. I frequently wear my hair back and don't feel like people are looking at me saying wow, her earrings are big!

kit
12-28-2015, 11:47 AM
If money were no object, I would wear 1 carat in each ear (so 2 carats total). I currently have about 1.3 carats total weight, and honestly wish they were larger!

vludmilla
12-28-2015, 12:13 PM
I have 3/4 carat in each ear and I don't think they are too large even for my very casual dress/lifestyle. I wouldn't mind if they were a bit larger!

Ms B
12-28-2015, 01:10 PM
I would love to see a pic of this!

Look at some of the threads over on Pricescope. That site has given me WAY too many ideas.

FWIW, I am of the "no such thing as too big" school on most studs. 1 carat per ear does not strike me as too big . . . and then it should be easy to add jackets or dangles like some of these
http://idjewelry.com/jewelry/earrings/earring-jackets.html to dress them up more!