PDA

View Full Version : Question for Wii U Splatoon Owners

elbenn
12-29-2015, 02:46 PM
We got this for Christmas. It seems that the game would be more fun in multi-player mode. We have parental restrictions set on the Wii U. Can multi-player be done without taking off parental restrictions? Do you allow multi-player mode for this game?

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2015, 03:21 PM
No idea on our parental control settings but we do allow multiplayer for this game. Ds1 says you are pretty limited if you play single player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o_mom
12-29-2015, 06:03 PM
This definitely needs to be multiplayer. There is not much to do if not. I don't know about the controls, though.

From what i have seen, there is no communication with other players in this, so not like they are chatting or messaging other players, it is just a random team thrown together.

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2015, 06:05 PM
This definitely needs to be multiplayer. There is not much to do if not. I don't know about the controls, though.

From what i have seen, there is no communication with other players in this, so not like they are chatting or messaging other players, it is just a random team thrown together.

Yeah, should have said that. I've played in a game with an extra person and there wasn't any communication.

elbenn
12-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys. Sounds like multi-player is okay for this game.

JElaineB
12-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Yes, we have multi-player (online play) for any game that allows it that we own including Splatoon. For people reading who don't have this game already, it is not local multi-player, you play in teams online only. You can play with Wii U Friends if you have friend codes set up. If DS is playing with one of his friends he will usually Facetime them on his iPad while they are playing Splatoon online, so they can talk about what they are doing.

KrisM
12-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks for this. DS1 got it for Christmas and has said it needs to be online. Ugh. I clearly should have done more research before buying it! but, we'll get it up, especially since now I know there is no communication.

KrisM
12-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Can I tack on a question? Do I really need to give Nintendo a credit card just so my kids can play Splatoon multiplayer? I just tried making DS a network ID and it wants me to enter a credit card and then will charge me $.50 to make the id.

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2015, 04:43 PM
That's possible.

KrisM
12-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Well that stinks. My kids just want to play together. I'm not even sure they can do that if I buy them all accounts. I hope so. I hope I can delete the credit card info once I buy the account. I don't really need it attached to the Wii U.

o_mom
12-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Well that stinks. My kids just want to play together. I'm not even sure they can do that if I buy them all accounts. I hope so. I hope I can delete the credit card info once I buy the account. I don't really need it attached to the Wii U.

There is not really a good local multi-player on Splatoon. It is set up to be a network game. There is a two person local mode, but you have to have a pro controller for the second person so we have not used it at all.

We only set up one Nintendo ID and we all use that one to play it (that way all the achievements are shared and you can upgrade sooner). The credit card info is to confirm it is an adult creating the account.

stinkyfeet
12-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Bummer!!! We just got a Wii U bundled with the Splatoon game. I was hoping that it was local multiplayer like Super Smash Brothers.

stinkyfeet
12-30-2015, 10:41 PM