PDA

View Full Version : Target Red Card Help

Bens Momma
12-30-2015, 12:53 PM
I forgot to use my red card on my Target run yesterday :duh: Would really love the discount on my purchases but especially a few bigger home items I purchased. Do I need to take everything back in to return/repurchase or can they just do this with my receipt?

Thanks!

Snow mom
12-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Technically targets policy is you can't return and rebuy. They are required to put everything that is returned into the carts to be put back out on the floor later. If what you purchased is still on the floor you could get those items and purchase with your red card. To change payment methods they will need to refund your card and charge the red card. How closely any target follows company policy is completely ymmv. I'd call your local target and ask them if you can bring in your receipt and be refunded to your card and put the charge onto your red card instead. Write down the name of whoever you talk to in case you are told something different when you go in.

TwinFoxes
12-30-2015, 02:55 PM
In theory they can just scan the bar code on the receipt. I used the wrong CC once, and the cashier just scanned the bar code to reverse the charge, and scanned it again to ring everything back up. It was kind of cool, all the items flashed by on her screen. I noticed before I even left the line, so it's not the same as your situation. I have a feeling this will be YMMV depending one the manager and the store you frequent.