PDA

View Full Version : Good quality cashmere?

Mommy_Mea
01-05-2016, 10:22 AM
My sister has asked for a new cashmere sweater for her birthday. My siblings and I go in on the gift, so we have a little over $100 to spend.

What brand would you recommend at that price point? I would prefer a brand from a physical store (Nordstrom, LL Bean, etc) so that returns/exchanges are easy for her. Thanks! :)

lovin2shop
01-05-2016, 01:47 PM
I've always heard that J Crew uses a nice quality cashmere from Italy.

Mikey0709
01-05-2016, 02:30 PM
At least this time of year you have a bunch of SALE choices - - because I have GREATLY seen the quality of cashmere diminish in just the past few years.....even with well known brands.

Unfortunately I think most brands may be out of your price range unless you find a sale. J crew is nice, but regular price may be $200-300 for cashmere. I also have liked J Jill in the past for their thicker cashmere - but haven't bought there recently.

If your looking for CLASSIC styling - i would check out lands end. I bought a men's sweater (xmas gift) there in december for 50% off - so it was around $100 (1/2 of $199) . They will also stand behind their garments which is nice, as cashmere CAN be fragile.

Another place I have bought from for more STYLISH cashmere is Garnet Hill. I bought at least 3 sweaters on sale from them and i have to say they have held up well, all were in the $100-120 range on sale. I would ABSOLUTELY check out Garnet Hill and recommend them.

Also read labels - - these days alot is listed COTTON CASHMERE - which is not 100% cashmere.

usermuser
01-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Talbot's

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
01-05-2016, 06:50 PM
GMA did a piece on cashmere before Christmas and the more expensive wasn't always the best. Do a 'feel' test in store if you can.

Mommy_Mea
01-13-2016, 09:30 AM
Thanks, I am going to hit the stores later this week with your suggestions!