PDA

View Full Version : Dang iphone!

wendibird22
01-06-2016, 02:59 PM
This is totally a 1st world problem. And I'm an Apple product devotee, but grrrrr, I'm frustrated with my iPhone. About 6mos ago I lost the ability to text my dad. I can call him and can receive his texts but when I reply or start a new text I get an error that I need to use a valid 10 digit #. A little googling and it appears this is a major bug and I'm lucky it's just 1 number that's involved. After trying a ton of the online suggestions in various help forums, I called Apple today. I tried several of their tricks to no avail and so she suggested I restore the iPhone to factory settings and then restore from iCloud (backed up last night). So I hold my breath and do it. Only it wouldn't restore from the cloud. I would get to "1 minute remaining" and then just get stuck there. I waited an hour and still no progress. I was on the phone with the first CS person for over an hr and she scheduled a call back with me to give the restore "time." That CS rep had me cancel and do another restore. Nothing. She tried to schedule a call back to me and the system wouldn't let her schedule a call back to me for a 2nd time. In the meantime my DH has called my cell 2x and each time the call goes through and interrupts the restore which then starts me back at square 1. I've finally given in to the fact that I cannot restore from my iCloud back up and have to restore from my iTunes back up...which was May 2015!!!!!!!! So now I'm gonna lose ~8 months worth of data. I'm so pissed!!! If I'd have known this all was going to happen I would've just sucked it up that I can't text my dad from my phone and gone all old school and you know, call him instead.

oneplustwo
01-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Oh no! No chance of a visit to a local Apple store for personal help? Not sure if that would be a potential solution but I'd be so ticked at losing tons of data like that.

wendibird22
01-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Nope. Nearest Apple Store is 50min away and not in the cards for a trek there. Just sucking it up that I lost some data.

Smillow
01-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Maybe after you restore it from iTunes, you can then restore it again from the cloud?

Mommy_Again
01-08-2016, 04:48 PM
This has happened to me before. Try deleting his # from the mobile field and putting it in the iPhone field, or vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk