PDA

View Full Version : quality christmas tree?

Globetrotter
01-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Ive been wanting to replace our small tree for a long time but never did.. are there any quality christmas trees on sale now? We will keep it forever so may as well get a good one on sale lol

daisyd
01-09-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm interested as well and I'm following. I haven't seen any sales so far.

Globetrotter
01-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Ok, I'll let you know if I see something!

Globetrotter
01-09-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm looking at balsam Hill and tree classics clearance, but they get bad reviews for customer service, which makes me very wary.

viba424
01-10-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm looking at balsam Hill and tree classics clearance, but they get bad reviews for customer service, which makes me very wary.

Despite what I had heard about bad customer service, I went ahead and got a classic 7' tree from Balsam Hill 2 years ago and its great. It was delivered in about two days and we have had no reason to even contact customer service.

Not a single needle has fallen off and its got nice features and accessories that make it a step above anything you get at Target for the same price (nice hinged branches, two pair gloves, nice storage bags). Based on my experience I would highly recommend their trees. I suppose if you get a pre lit one you could be asking for trouble, but we went simple and its fine.

gatorsmom
01-10-2016, 01:51 PM

:yeahthat: PROCEED WITH CAUTION. I posted a bit about our Balsam Hill/Tree Classics dilemma around Thaksgiving time. The customer service on our return was awful. The only reason they made it right is because DH had taken pictures of the tree and posted them on Facebook to show the difference between the website photo and the real photo. We ordered a tree based on their online option process. We narrowed it down and chose among 3 trees. We spent over $600 on a tree and when it came it looked NOTHING like the online photo. After hours of fluffing, you could see the inner pole from where ever you stood in the room.

After we finally returned it, I asked a friend of mine who does Christmas decor for hotels and businesses. She recommended Vickerman trees. Ordered it through a local store who offered 30% off and we paid about the same amount as the Tree Classics tree. It is beautiful. I got so many compliments. A neighbours son who is the state forestry program came to our Christmas party and asked me if it was real!!! He said he honestly thought it was!

Vickerman is a small family- owned company which makes a limited number of trees each year. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving we got the last 9' tree in the Wisconsin/Minnesota area. My friend knows the owner of the shop we bought it from and warned us that most of he Vickermans would be gone by the first week of December. Watch for that brand!

eta- just did a search and found them on Hayneedle.com and on sale. I didn't see the make of tree we ordered but from seeing the other trees in the local store, there were several that were beautiful.