PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

anonomom
01-21-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm trying to register my kid for a program, but since their websites replies on several Java scripts and i didn't have that particular script allowed, it wouldn't accept my credit card. I just called to see how to fix it and they claim the only solution is to download google chrome and use that to register. This is a large, well-known enrichment program; I simply don't see how it's possible that their site works with only that particular browser.

ETA: I would happily have allowed that script if I had been aware I needed it. But it just declined my card and I can't see a way to get back in to pay. Apparently, there isn't one?

Mikey0709
01-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Working in the business world - i see a TON of websites I have to use one or the other. No choice around it for me but to have both Internet Exp and Chrome in my office.

Liziz
01-21-2016, 11:43 AM
I find it incredibly frustrating, but this happens to me all the time. I always have Chrome and IE on any computer and it's not uncommon I find I need to switch between the two. But I completely understand the frustration -- it drives me nuts!

lizzywednesday
01-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Where I used to work, many of our applications would only play nicely with IE.

I hate IE.

Sorry you ran into this, though!

gobadgers
01-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Crazy that they couldn't register you over the phone as you're talking to them!

I've had this frustration too.