PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Pick a Frye Style!

kissmekate
01-23-2016, 11:58 AM
I am having a heck of a time finding a pair of Fryes that I like. I recently bought the tall Phillip harness boots... and then turned around and sold them after I wore them a few months. I loved the look of them, but they seemed to fit too snug at the top (I mostly wear with skinny jeans). Not tight at all (I don't have big calves), just fitted. I'm 5'4" and more of a pear shape. For some reason, the snugness of the boot made me look heavier in my thighs and bottom, hahaha. I want a boot that is not so fitted so I can wear cute boot socks peeking out. I really like the Veronica slouch, but I'm not sure I want to do another harness boot again. I am considering either the Melissa button back zip or the Paige. The Paige looks to bit a bit looser on top than most of Frye's other tall boots. Does anyone have these? I curious what others think about the overlapping front panel.

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2016, 12:03 PM
I like the clean look of the Melissa button and that it has a zipper. I hate back zippers though as I have a tendency to zip my heel- ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twoboos
01-23-2016, 12:55 PM
My SIL has the Paiges and I LOVE the look of them. Every time I find them on sale somewhere I debate getting a pair, but I already have a pair of tall black (Franco Sorto) and tall brown (Frye Melissa harness) boots so can't justify it!

I'd go Paige.

baymom
01-23-2016, 05:15 PM
These are my favorites:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HFC3XW8/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1453583451&sr=1-12&pi=AC_SX220_SY330_QL65&keywords=frye+boots%27

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AX4LVAQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_19?qid=1453583514&sr=1-19&pi=AC_SX220_SY330_QL65&keywords=frye+boots%27

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HFC39HC/ref=mp_s_a_1_25?qid=1453583549&sr=1-25&pi=AC_SX220_SY330_QL65&keywords=frye+boots%27&dpPl=1&dpID=31WQvJzA3iL&ref=plSrch

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2016, 05:29 PM
OP- just an FYI but I feel like the Fryes I bought on Amazon were fakes. The price was too good to be true, they came in a plain brown box, and the detail work (stitching on the tag, for example) just looked off and lesser quality.

abh5e8
01-23-2016, 06:40 PM
I have Paige talls...I love them. They are a little looser at the top.

slr
01-23-2016, 10:45 PM
OP- just an FYI but I feel like the Fryes I bought on Amazon were fakes. The price was too good to be true, they came in a plain brown box, and the detail work (stitching on the tag, for example) just looked off and lesser quality.

Were your Fryes shipped and sold from Amazon? I purchased some Fryes from Amazon last year and they arrived in a Frye box. I had a question about something I can't remember what and ended up calling Frye, as I remember reading some people thought Amazon sold fakes. The customer service rep at Frye had told me that if they were sold and shipped from Amazon (not some other 3rd party) then they should be legit. Just thought I would pass this info along.

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Were your Fryes shipped and sold from Amazon? I purchased some Fryes from Amazon last year and they arrived in a Frye box. I had a question about something I can't remember what and ended up calling Frye, as I remember reading some people thought Amazon sold fakes. The customer service rep at Frye had told me that if they were sold and shipped from Amazon (not some other 3rd party) then they should be legit. Just thought I would pass this info along.

Yep, sold and shipped from Amazon.

specialp
01-23-2016, 11:23 PM
I've had several friends comment that their newer Frye purchases weren't the same quality as they used to be.

MMMommy
01-24-2016, 12:11 AM
I prefer the Melissa Button Back Zip--cleaner, classic and timeless.

tarnator
01-24-2016, 01:36 AM
I love the Paige and have almost bought them multiple times. However, if you want to wear them with the boot sock look, I think that they might have too much going on at the top for it. i am pretty sure that the melissa buttons would look good that way.... Actually, now I am not sure. Off to google...

tarnator
01-24-2016, 01:44 AM
I love the Paige and have almost bought them multiple times. However, if you want to wear them with the boot sock look, I think that they might have too much going on at the top for it. i am pretty sure that the melissa buttons would look good that way.... Actually, now I am not sure. Off to google...

I am wrong. Found a few images - not many, but both can look cute with boot socks!