PDA

View Full Version : DD performing at DL - anybody been through this?

newnana
01-25-2016, 12:23 PM
DD is in a performance group that has been asked to participate in a parade and stage performance this summer at DL.

I am not the coordinator - thank goodness. However, we've gotten very little details about the specifics of the trip and I'd like a little more information from someone who has been through this type of thing with another group. Her group has never done anything like this.

I have never been to DL. DD and I did a princess filled trip a few years ago to WDW, but that was another deal entirely.

I'm imagining that DDs itinerary will be packed with prep/performance/recovery but don't know anything and am trying to not overthink this. Any advice on what I should be asking or planning for would be very appreciated. Thanks!

pinay
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM
How old is DD? Our students are in high school and go somewhat regularly (we live about 2 hrs away) for various workshops, performances, etc. Typically they arrive in the morning, have their workshop/master class for a few hours, have a performance then are given the rest of the afternoon to run around the park and go on rides. They get on the bus and head home, usually with a late arrival time (9 or later).

If they are going for multiple days, I imagine the structure would be a little different. No matter what, the performance staff there is top notch, your DD's group will have an amazing experience. HTH!

newnana
01-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Thanks pinay! We'll be coming in from out of state and the performances are over the course of a couple/few days. DD is a tween, but her group ranges from about age 6-16.

I know I'm going to try really hard to let DD hang with the group, but think maybe I'll spend a little time researching the parks to know what all is there she will really want to do to make sure we get it in since we've never been. Not too much time since I don't know how much free time they'll have.