PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Rain Boots

Mommaof3
01-26-2016, 01:50 PM
I have had a GC to use at a local shoe store and have been so undecided on what to get and finally broke down and got Hunter's today...If you have them, do you like them?

acmom
01-27-2016, 12:48 PM
I have had a GC to use at a local shoe store and have been so undecided on what to get and finally broke down and got Hunter's today...If you have them, do you like them?

I debated for a year, finally got them and really do like them and wear them a lot! I think some of it depends on your climate and activities. We have messy fall and spring weather so I get a lot of wear out of them then and will also wear them with liners on slushy days (not warm enough for true snow boots where I live in snow country though). We also tend to do activities like apple farm, pumpkin patch, spring playground trips when its still wet, walks with kids and dog as well as outdoor sporting events which they are useful for!

Mommaof3
01-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Thank You! I am in MA so I know they would get plenty of use, I am still debating keeping them...not sure they are worth the price tag for rain boots and they feel heavy to me. Thanks for the input!

*newmomma*
01-27-2016, 02:19 PM
I wear mine so much more than I expected. I held off on getting them for so long because it seemed really pricy for rain boots. Now I wish I wouldn't have waited so long! I wear them not only for rainy, messy days, but in the snow as well. I bought some shearling insoles from Amazon to make them warmer and they work great for the slushy days in the Midwest ;-) I also frequently wear some fleece liners from target with them when it's cold.

scriptkitten
01-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Meh. I actually dislike mine. They are stiff and heavy. I hurt my foot stepping off a curb in mine because of how the rubber flexed my arch in a weird way. And really, unless there is a flood I will never really need knee high galoshes. My llbean bean boots are way more useful. Even frye's are fine for rainy days.

Tenasparkl
01-27-2016, 02:27 PM
I love mine, but I chose a shorter pair because I found the standard ones were too tall & stiff.

daisysmom
01-27-2016, 02:55 PM
Meh. I actually dislike mine. They are stiff and heavy. I hurt my foot stepping off a curb in mine because of how the rubber flexed my arch in a weird way. And really, unless there is a flood I will never really need knee high galoshes. My llbean bean boots are way more useful. Even frye's are fine for rainy days.

This is kind of where I ended up too. I saved mine b/c DD's foot will be my size in another year or two I predict.

Hunters barely feet my calf, so they are tight with leggings or jeans in them (wearable, but tight). I just don't like the inflexibility of them. Based on recs here, I got some croc boots this fall and they have been perfect in the rain this year. I love boots generally, and it has to be really sloppy rain for me to wear rainboots versus regular fryes.

citymama
01-27-2016, 05:13 PM
I much prefer my Kamiks! http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-Heidi-Rain-Boot/dp/B002NPCOC2/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1453929035&sr=1-4&nodeID=679337011&refinements=p_lbr_brands_browse-bin%3AKamik

Mommaof3
01-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Thanks again for the input, I ended up returning them. They just were not comfortable enough to justify the cost.

Twin Mom
01-28-2016, 11:33 PM
I wear mine all the time. It seems to rain a lot here. I bought the kids version on sale so they were much cheaper than the ladies. They are probably a little shorter too which is ok. I have 2 pairs of the Hunter kid boot liners too. The kid liners are also cheaper than the ladies! DD can fit in them too but she usually wears my Dav boots if it rains. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/dav-crystal-heart-rain-boots-ankle-bootie-for-women~p~8170h/