PDA

View Full Version : Fun places to eat outside the parks

MomtoNico
01-27-2016, 08:24 PM
We just booked the trip - so we are unable to get reservations anywhere for a sit down dinner in the parks. We are leaving in 10 days. I hear things about the boardwalk, disney springs etc. Is it possible to eat at any of these places with out a reservation? Are they fun places ot hang out in? Any other places? We will have a car.

Thanks for all the feedback on the fastpasses.

jgenie
01-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Not sure how old your kids are or where you're staying but if they're Cars fans you could have dinner at Art of Animation. The food is typical Dusney food court but the cars outside the hotel are really neat to see.

MomtoNico
01-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks - yes they are I have two boys ages 6 and 9.

rkold
01-27-2016, 08:45 PM
If it's a busy time, then possibly no, Disney wants to make it so you always need ADRs for any of their restaurants. There are a lot of options outside the parks though and some are quite good even though they don't always book up. I would also just keep trying. Not every time mind you, but I have gotten many places 24 hours out. In October I got: Chef Mickeys at 6:30 about 24 hours before the meal and a ADR of Ohana for breakfast at 9ish. (It was a late park day.) I could not get Cindy's for breakfast though. (I was specifically only interested in breakfast.) I just picked up an 11:45 lunch at BoG for our February trip a day or two ago. I think overall, it is easiest to get ADRs in Epcot just because there are so many restaurants to choose between. I admit, I am actually shocked every single restaurant in Epcot is booked for dinner. MK tends to be the most popular and AK+Studios just have fewer sit down places. For MK, I'd see if any of the hotels near MK have openings. If you like character meals, there is a Cinderella one at 1900 Park Fare and of course Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. I like the Kona Cafe, though I prefer their breakfasts/lunches, but please take this with a grain of salt since we are vegetarian. On our AK day we're looking into eating at Sanaa at Kidani. I think Sanaa and Jiko's have much better food than any in park options and both are better than Boma. A lot of people do like Boma though and it is not so hard to book. The Italian place that replaced Cat Cora on the Boardwalk is usually pretty easy to get. I'm not sure what is going on with the construction at the Springs. In October it was a mess.

Where exactly are you staying? That can also make a difference.

klwa
01-28-2016, 04:13 PM
If you want to eat at any of the sit down/ table service restaurants, I'd go ahead & check for your dates, even if it doesn't seem possible. Doing a quick search for February 9 for lunch for 4 people, I've found several sit downs available even in the parks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/reservations-accepted However, if you don't WANT to make reservations, there are plenty of nice counter service restaurants in the parks as well as at Disney Springs. Earl of Sandwich & Wolfgang Pucks Express at Disney Springs both generally get great reviews. So does Columbia Harbour House at MK and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.