PDA

View Full Version : Eggs in instant pot?

DualvansMommy
02-02-2016, 07:06 PM
For those of you who make hard boiled eggs in IP? How long do you do it?

Hit me up with step by step instructions! [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala
02-02-2016, 07:18 PM
I follow these instructions. http://www.hippressurecooking.com/cracked-soft-medium-and-hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-pressure-cooker/

vludmilla
02-02-2016, 08:26 PM
I LOVE making hard boiled eggs in my instant pot. They come out perfect every time and are super easy to peel. I do 12 minutes on low pressure and then 10 minutes natural pressure release. Follow with ice bath. I put a couple of cups of water in the pot, use the trivet, and I use silicone baking cups to contain the eggs so that they don't bounce into each other and crack while cooking.

theriviera
02-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I want to try this. I have a Fagor 3-1 electric pressure cooker. The silicone baking cups are a great idea!

BunnyBee
02-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I use a silicone strainer insert, and I play around with the time. Last time it was 6 minutes on steam with a couple of minutes of natural release and then manual release. Ice bath.

zukeypur
02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I want to try this. I have a Fagor 3-1 electric pressure cooker. The silicone baking cups are a great idea!

This is the exact pressure cooker I have. I bought a stainless insert that I use most of the time. I only use the non-stick with rice. I love it!!!!

I use a silicone strainer insert, and I play around with the time. Last time it was 6 minutes on steam with a couple of minutes of natural release and then manual release. Ice bath.

This is exactly how I do it. Even fresh eggs (as in "straight from the hen to the pressure cooker") come out perfect and easy to peel. For a softer egg we do 5 minutes, manual release, and ice bath.

pastrygirl
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
I LOVE making hard boiled eggs in my instant pot. They come out perfect every time and are super easy to peel. I do 12 minutes on low pressure and then 10 minutes natural pressure release. Follow with ice bath. I put a couple of cups of water in the pot, use the trivet, and I use silicone baking cups to contain the eggs so that they don't bounce into each other and crack while cooking.

This is how I do it, but I use 1 cup water and 4-6 eggs in a steamer basket insert. I don't separate them, and they never crack.

vludmilla
02-04-2016, 07:37 PM
This is how I do it, but I use 1 cup water and 4-6 eggs in a steamer basket insert. I don't separate them, and they never crack.

I cook 10-11 eggs at a time so I think they might crack if I didn't use the silicone cups!

kboyle
02-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I do a dz, 1c water, high pressure, and manual release, then ice bath. Rarely cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

hellokitty
02-06-2016, 02:32 PM
6 min steam, 6 min npr and 6 min ice bath. They call it the 666 method.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk