PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on iPhone 6+?

nabigus
02-11-2016, 06:23 PM
I have to buy a new phone for my business, and have decided to go with the 6+ since I end up doing most of my work on my phone.

Any good deals? I'm with Verizon and out of contract (so line charge is only $15/month plus data), so I'd like to buy outright rather than start a new contract.

Is my best option to buy through the Apple Store if I want to buy outright? I know I get an unlocked phone if I go that route. I could also trade in my 5S if that makes for a better deal.

Thanks! I'm finding this new era of leasing/buying/no contracts rather baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybeebaby08
02-12-2016, 09:58 AM
We got ours at Costco and they were running a promotion for a free $200 gift card. The new Verizon plans basically have no contract, you're just paying monthly to payoff the phone. So you could sign up for the phone plan to get a promo at a place like SAMs or Costco and then just pay off the phone the next month. I'd sell your phone to a place like Gazelle, they send you a box you send it back and get PayPal or a check. Super easy and no dealing with Craigslist people. Stay away from ICracked though I just had a horrible experience with them and a perfect condition IPhone. And I've never not recommended an IPhone but the 6's are horrible, We've had a 6, 6+ and now a 6s, and for the first time ever I wish I would've gone with an Android.

WatchingThemGrow
02-12-2016, 10:08 AM
And I've never not recommended an IPhone but the 6's are horrible, We've had a 6, 6+ and now a 6s, and for the first time ever I wish I would've gone with an Android.

What's wrong with the 6's? I was JUST thinking of upgrading my 5c.

boogiemom
02-12-2016, 07:26 PM
There are no real deals as this is the current phone and still in demand. Some stores do gift card promos for turning in your old phone. Watch the ads. This week Best Buy is $150. AT&T was a better deal us. Yeah, you pay monthly but you don't pay interest so you aren't really losing anything. Verizon lets you buy the phone outright but their plan sticks it to you when you do that so you end up losing. I just recently bought my 6s and I like it. No issues. Various have the 6s and the 6 plus and everyone has been happy. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baymom
02-12-2016, 08:12 PM
I've had the 6s for about a month now and really like it a lot.

ETA: that was meant in response to WatchingThemGrow.

candaceb
02-12-2016, 09:44 PM
I just got an email from Verizon - don't know if it's targeted.

Now's the time to jump.
iPhone 6 Plus is yours
for $200 off.
Hurry! Offer ends 2/22.
Get it now
Use exclusive promo code UPGRADE at checkout.
Offer valid on iPhone 6 Plus in Gold 16GB and 64GB.

maybeebaby08
02-13-2016, 06:06 PM
The 6 and 6s have horrible battery life. The speaker is having issues after a month. Various issues, having to constantly shut down and restart. Passwords not working and then working the next time. My 6 would get stuck in parent mode and it wouldn't close out. I'm just not a fan of either one :/

ckso
02-14-2016, 05:03 AM
The 6 and 6s have horrible battery life. The speaker is having issues after a month. Various issues, having to constantly shut down and restart. Passwords not working and then working the next time. My 6 would get stuck in parent mode and it wouldn't close out. I'm just not a fan of either one :/

I have the 6 for a year now and DH has the 6S plus a month ago and so far neither one of us has those issues. Have the Genius Bar do a diagnostic. Sometimes you get a "bad" phone and if it's still under warranty they'll give you a brand new replacement. I've had issues before (in my 5s) where it was overheating or the phone would freeze. Got a warranty replacement and it worked perfectly

oneontheway
02-14-2016, 12:47 PM
I've had the 6 plus and have the 6s plus now and never had a battery issue. I'm on the Internet all day long and still have battery at the end of he day. I would buy at least the 64 gb.

Remy
02-16-2016, 06:43 PM
I wanted to buy outright without another contract as well. The best deal I could find was from Apple who offered $200 for my old 5s.

mommy111
02-20-2016, 01:27 PM
Verizon was offering 200 off a few months ago, I would check on that