PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with W by Worth clothing?

AnnieW625
03-03-2016, 10:33 AM
no spam please.

A friend of mine has recently become a rep for this line. She invited me to check it out and I looked online and I wasn't in love with anything and TBH the price was over my normal comfort level for clothes prices, but I was wondering if it is really worth it quality wise where if I was to buy say a simple Classic black dress for $200 or so or ivory work pants for the same price would it last 3-5 yrs.? If it is truly worth it I might check it out this summer if there is something I like.

daisysmom
03-03-2016, 12:52 PM
In short, I don't think so.
I have a friend who sells it. For years I turned her down and then last year I finally said I would come to a party. She caught me in a spendy mood last spring so I ordered a lot. Honestly, I ended up having to get everything altered (it ran big for almost every item, and you have to pay for shipping so this is more irritating). So I added a pretty big altering bill already to steep clothes and steep shipping charges. And even altered, the clothes don't fit my frame that great. And the quality wasn't great IMO.

The fact is, for me, I change (finally finally PTL have lost almost 15 lbs) and women's fashion changes. While I do have some quality staples, at this phase in my life (almost 47), I bow a little more to trendy things. It is just where I am. As such, I like to run into Nordstrom's or Target or wherever and get something I see. I am not at the point of investing in a wardrobe for the sake of quality. So, I would vote no. I am not going to the spring party this year, while some of the clothes look cute.

mackmama
03-25-2016, 09:15 PM
My mom is an avid client and has bought me many Worth items. I find them all very frumpy and don't wear them.

AnnieW625
03-28-2016, 11:50 AM
Thank you for your opinions. I decided not to go and look at my friend's line and while I want to support her I am just not drawn to the line at all. I much prefer the style of Cabi and even though that is expensive it is a bargain compared to W by Worth.