PDA

View Full Version : Zootopia movie

mackmama
03-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Would this be appropriate for a sensitive 5yo? Any scary parts?

PZMommy
03-05-2016, 01:06 AM
We are going to see it tomorrow morning. I'm taking my 4 and 6 year olds.

MMMommy
03-05-2016, 01:07 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but the reviews are good on this one. I would think it would be young kid appropriate, but not sure.

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2016, 01:24 AM
The little kids (like 4yo) I saw leaving it tonight (as we were leaving Deadpool) seemed happy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly Mom
03-05-2016, 08:52 AM
On my local FB page, parents of 4yos were raving about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

gatorsmom
03-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Not sure about that movie but wanted to recommend this website for reviewing movies and books and video games. I think it does a great job of letting parents know what ages the movie is appropriate for.

Www.commonsensemedia.com

jam224
03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Not sure about that movie but wanted to recommend this website for reviewing movies and books and video games. I think it does a great job of letting parents know what ages the movie is appropriate for.

Www.commonsensemedia.com
Yeah, I like to check Common Sense Media too. Here's the direct link: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/zootopia#

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2016, 01:45 PM
I like CSM for the reviewed but I always disagree with their age recommendation. I subtract 2-3 years from them, for our family. So, read the reviews but take the recommended ages with a grain of salt. We all have our own comfort level with things. Some movies get rated as older for things that are just non issues for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weech
03-05-2016, 02:18 PM
I saw it last night with my almost 6 year old. He's not scared of much but hid his face a couple times. Otherwise he loved it. I felt like some of the subject matter was a little mature but I'm always surprised by that in kids movies.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PZMommy
03-05-2016, 05:29 PM
We just got home. My boys liked it. They didn't find it scary. The theater was packed. I thought it was okay. I didn't think it was as great as the reviews have made it out to be.

ged
03-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Just saw it tonight. My 5 year old was a bit scared at times, as well, but nothing too scary. My 11 year old loved it. Some sudden movements surprised us all. We watched the 3D version.

Tenasparkl
03-06-2016, 03:11 AM
We're going tomorrow and I can't wait. My friend/former coworker is one of the directors and I'm so happy for him that it's getting such good reviews.

citymama
03-06-2016, 03:46 AM
We saw it in 3-D last night. DH, DD1 (almost 10) and I loved it and laughed out loud in parts. DD2 (5 and a half) enjoyed the first half and was scared in parts of the second half (mostly related to animals roaring and snarling). I think the 3-D effects accentuated it - if she had seen it in 2-D it might have seemed less real and the goggles made her eyes tired, she said. In truth, it is one of the "milder" kids' movies, less tense or scary than many other Disney movies, about the same as Madagascar with the fossas chasing the lemurs.

SummerBaby
03-06-2016, 11:09 AM
There is an "anti-bullying" theme, so I would say it depends on what your child is sensitive to. My 8 year old isn't so sensitive about scary things as she is about people being mean to each other. She got choked up in certain parts when the animals were mean to each other. She loved the movie though, so it was fine.