PDA

View Full Version : Best stores for dress shoes and suits (kids)

liz
03-05-2016, 03:56 PM
My youngest is going to be in a wedding this summer. I need to find him a navy blue suit and dress shoes. I would also like to find a sport coat for my other boys to wear with their khakis. They will need dress shoes as well. I anticipate they will only wear them one time so not looking to spend a lot, but willing to spend more for quality (esp the suit, since my little guy will be in a lot of pictures).

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Your first stop should be thrift stores. I found high end, perfect quality ones at Once Upon a Child and a local consignment boutique. You should also ask around as friends (of friends of friends) could have them. My friend just today gave me a Calvin Klein sport coat her ds outgrew. Oh, and Burlington had surprisingly nice stuff. New- Macy's, Kohls, Penneys, and David's Bridal are possibilities. You can probably get something at Brooks Brothers but I really don't think it'll be $ well spent. Our cheaper versions looked plenty good in pictures. :)

ETA- I always buy used dress shoes at Once Upon a Child. They are always in near mint condition (they almost always look like they were never worn). Usually like $5/ pair. Often we have him wear Merrells as they are casual enough for daily life but better than tennis shoes. Great for things like brunch and rehearsal dinner.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meggie t
03-05-2016, 04:28 PM
I just got my son a Brooks Brothers navy blazer off of eBay. Gorgeous condition. Highly recommend eBay for that. As for the suit, try Lord & Taylor or Nordstrom. Can also check eBay. As for shoes, check Zappos, although they won't be on sale. I just got my son bucks for a wedding- Florsheim brand. Nordstrom does their kids half yearly sale in June I think.

mousemom
03-05-2016, 05:47 PM
My DSs are in wedding this Spring and we got their outfits at JC Penney. We went with matching vest sets to go with the wedding colors, but they also carry an Izod line of boys dress pants and jackets/blazers that is nice and reasonably priced (especially with sales/coupons).

mmsmom
03-05-2016, 06:30 PM
JC Penney sells suits as separates so you can get a different size jacket and pants. They also have slim sizes in pants if that is a need. You can usually find a 25% off coupon as well. Last time I bought the jackets were $50.00 and pants were $25.00. I got dress shoes there as well for $25.00.

ilfaith
03-05-2016, 09:50 PM
If you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, they usually have a good selection of dressier clothes for boys. And since it is close to Easter and First communion season, most department stores should have a variety of items in stock.

klwa
03-05-2016, 11:51 PM
I second thrift stores &\or consignment stores & sales. I got DS a black suit in perfect shape for $20 this year for his cousin's wedding. If you strike out there, I've had good luck in past years finding suits at reasonable prices at Kohls during their 30% off sales.

Eta: my SIL told me today she got a great deal on her son's suit for his sister's wedding at Belk. Don't know if you're in the South where they have those, but I think she said she got his online.