PDA

View Full Version : Doormat for grassy entrance areas

KpbS
03-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Can you recommend a doormat for me? My kids love to play outside but now we have laminate flooring, every tiny piece of grass shows on the floor. I'd love to find a mat that does a good job of preventing all of those pieces from being scattered all over the first floor.

Kindra178
03-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Waterhog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meatball Mommie
03-07-2016, 10:36 AM
We have two "Dirt Stopper" mats from Solutions catalog. They are EXCELLENT at keeping sand (lots of that where we live) and dirt from coming into the house. I have one long runner and a short doormat. They've held up well. I'd expect they would work for what you are looking for. I vacuum them regularly and have used my carpet cleaner on them as well.

elbenn
03-07-2016, 11:09 AM
I have same question as OP. We always have bits of grass and wood chips and other things being dragged in by the dog. However, I doubt a mat will work for us since it seems to stick in his fur when he comes in.

wendibird22
03-07-2016, 12:26 PM
I second Waterhog. I have 3 from LLbean. Expensive but amazing and you can just hose them off when they get dirty. After replacing countless cheap mats from Walmart, I was sick of wasting the $ and decided to invest in the Waterhogs. We've had them at least 5yrs now and they look brand new still.

Snow mom
03-07-2016, 04:33 PM
We Also really like waterhog mats. I just got a mat from Amazon warehouse which is also called a waterhog (listed as Anderson waterhog) and it seems indistinguishable from the mats I've purchased from ll bean. It was an amazing bargain compared to ll bean prices.

Momit
03-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Waterhog!

mmsmom
03-07-2016, 06:44 PM
I have same question as OP. We always have bits of grass and wood chips and other things being dragged in by the dog. However, I doubt a mat will work for us since it seems to stick in his fur when he comes in.

I used to have the fur on the bottom of my dogs legs trimmed so it was very short up to about his knees (or whatever dogs have half way up). It helped a lot.

We have waterhog mats inside & out... Love them.