PDA

View Full Version : easter basket

boilermakermom
03-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Is there an Easter basket thread yet? Any good ideas for outside toys? Or basket fillers?

pastrygirl
03-08-2016, 09:17 AM
My kids got to play with these once, and they were pretty cool. I thought about putting it in (near?!) their Easter baskets. Zing Air Storm Fire Tek Bow, Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IQA849K

Mikey0709
03-08-2016, 10:01 AM
What ages? My kids are getting older, and we don't really do much candy AT ALL... yet trying to NOT make it like christmas.

Our baskets still end up pretty big - but in the past in each I try to put:

a book
a DVD movie
VIdeo game (for nintendo ds or wii)
Small Stuffed animal
Small lego or minifugures
Favorite candy
new toothbrushes
new school supplies to get through the end of the year

marymoo86
03-08-2016, 10:19 AM
AG doll outfit/bitty baby outfit
Mini spirograph kits/coloring books (Target $ spot)
New headband
Chocolate Bunny
Jelly beans

Maybe egg chalk/small bubbles

belovedgandp
03-08-2016, 06:29 PM
I like to do outdoor type things. When they were younger it was bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Walking cups one year. Soccer ball. Stomp rockets

Some toys from the past Slinky, lite brite refills/extra pegs.

We've managed to wear out several of our basic Nerf guns. Might do those this year.

This year I have a balloon animal making kit and rocket balloons.

123LuckyMom
03-08-2016, 08:16 PM
We don't do a lot of presents. Usually I get them a couple of uplifting/inspiring books, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk plus some chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

ourbabygirl
03-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Yep, outdoor stuff (esp. since my kids have fall bdays, so I try to squeeze in some small spring/ summer stuff that I would've gotten them for bdays).

Bubbles
Small ball(s)
Sidewalk chalk
Sand/ beach toys
Book
Crocs, Keens, or other sandals that I would be getting them for summer, anyhow
Gonna get DD new goggles since she needs them anyhow
New swim suit/ towel/ life jacket
Some small candy in eggs (jelly beans, robins egg whoppers, etc.)
cute Easter/ spring/ just new socks
Small stuffed animal

calv
03-14-2016, 01:33 PM
please keep the ideas coming. Don't want it to turn into Christmas yet don't want all junk/giftcards or candy, LOL

Charlie
03-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Besides a few snacks, I usually add character band aids, character toothbrushes, and a fun t-shirt or cap. I have in the past added small crafts, Lego sets, or puzzle books.

Other ideas for outside toys:
Gardening supplies
Frisbee
Boomerang
Nerf ball or gun
Scoop toss
Kite
Gliders
Beach toys

At the Target dollar spot, I saw make your own garden rock animal kits, bug kits, and stationary sets that I thought would make good fillers.

MommyAllison
03-14-2016, 02:58 PM
I like to do outdoor stuff as well. I picked up a few things at end-of-summer clearance at Target last fall for easter baskets - I need to pull it out to remember what's there. I know I picked up kites, bubbles and sidewalk chalk. I have some dye-free jelly beans and will be making chocolate marshmallow eggs. I'm planning to get some parachute men from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004TXNR/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2AE88CEDKMHFH&coliid=I2IL092RYVJ8Y1&psc=1

In the past I've done gardening tools, seeds, bug catchers, sand/beach toys, bicycle bells, bicycle LED lights, water balloons & water balloon filler spout, pinwheels, sunglasses, jump ropes, and new pail/shovel sets.

lizzywednesday
03-14-2016, 03:01 PM
We're doing a movie, some candy, and maybe a small toy that's not her stuffed lamb that goes back into the closet at Pentecost (if I can find it at that time, that is!)

essnce629
03-21-2016, 03:59 AM
I like candy because my kids don't don't need more stuff and the candy is usually all gone by the end of the week!

This year I'm doing lots of candy, 1 book for DS1 and 2 for DS2, and they are each getting a Funko Pop action figure (Deadpool for DS1, Zootopia for DS2). They have galvanized pails that are reused each year instead of baskets.

Melaine
03-21-2016, 07:20 AM
I don't always do Easter baskets or gifts but sometimes I do. I know that I have some water guns squirreled away from last summer. I also have an Imaginext for DS. This summer, everyone is stocked on sandals and swimsuits, but I might grab some flip flops. We did The Jesus Storybook Bible last year and I totally recommend. It's beautiful. Also if you don't have the Resurrection Eggs we love them.

ETA: OH! I totally forgot I might grab two of the new DC super hero girls for my nine year olds. My kiddos were super excited about those and honestly, we've been looking for girl heros for a long time since DS is always begging them to play with him.

JenChem
03-21-2016, 12:09 PM
This year:
New sand shovel/rake (ours were broken when playing in snow)
Sunglasses
Bubbles
Sidewalk chalk
Tube of mini M&Ms

I'd like to add some croc shoes but DH says that's enough.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

rlu
03-21-2016, 06:21 PM
um, candy? DS has a March birthday and so we haven't put too many toys in the basket since he stopped playing with hot wheels/matchbox cars.

We did get these exploding balloons (which sounds cooler than reality I suspect) at the Dollar Tree. They have an Easter theme but here's the basic one https://www.dollartree.com/party-supplies/party-favors-games/Wack-A-Pack-Self-Inflating-Birthday-Balloons-4-ct-Packs/574c587c587p318260/index.pro?method=search

Momit
03-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Nerf gun
Pokemon card set
Hacky sack
Plastic eggs with coins or a dollar bill inside
ThinkFun game
Puzzle
2 books
"Dino eggs" where you dig out a fake fossil
Little wooden glider airplane
Walkie talkies
Peeps, TJs jelly beans and TJs bunny gummies

bnme
03-21-2016, 07:09 PM
NHL beach towels
Dart Ball
Aerobie Skylighter discs
candy

liz
03-22-2016, 01:02 PM
So many good ideas in this thread! My kids are a bit older. I realized this morning that I had nothing done, so I ran out to the store. I bought:

*Inexpensive plastic Easter buckets from Walmart ($1). All my Easter baskets are looking pretty beat up.
*Black Forest Easter gummies, big box of snack size packs
*Movies for each kid. FYI, bought a combo DVD of "Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs" 1&2 for $9.99 @ Walmart, AND it includes the digital copies (I thought that was a great deal!). Rookie of the Year ($4.75 Target) for our baseball nut and a Percy Jackson movie I got pretty cheap on Amazon a while back. Was looking for Dolphin Tale 1&2 but had no luck.
*Need to buy $5 gc to the local yogurt place. My kids LOVE those places and we don't go often.

I loved the idea of beach towels but there isn't anything out yet around here. My kids each have those Funko Pop figures, they are cute! School supplies....my kids are all set this year (I just bought new stuff!), but I will file that thought away for next year :)

DH usually has a Easter treasure hunt for the kids. This year the big prize is a huuuge bag of random legos he bought from a friends son. It's not new, but they'll love it!

rollycolly2007
03-23-2016, 09:37 AM
DS (12.5 months) is getting the following in his Easter Basket:

1.) Bubbles (Target $1)
2.) Miniature strawberry plant in pot (Target $1)
3.) Pail (Target $1)
4.) Miniature shovel (Target $1)
5.) Dr. Seuss stickers (Target $1)
6.) Crayola Egg Crayons (Michael's $5.22)

carolinacool
03-23-2016, 10:48 AM
DS is 6.

1. Hershey's snappable chocolate bunny
2. A handful of Hershey's miniatures
3. One tiny box of Jelly Belly jellybeans
4. 5-pack of Batman-themed Hot Wheels
5. Bike helmet with faux Mohawk

I've completely overbought the past few years and so much just ended up in a corner or in the trash (candy). He still likes Hot Wheels and he needs a new helmet. Done.