PDA

View Full Version : TV show recommendations for the family

SnuggleBuggles
03-08-2016, 07:02 PM
My ds2 and I just finished "Just Add Magic", an Amazon Prime exclusive, and really liked it. I think it's good for grade schoolers. Then we started Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Prime and it's really fun to watch with ds2 (I loved it as a kid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79
03-08-2016, 07:41 PM
My girls (7 and 9) are loving the Little House on the Prairies series. We have read all of the books together. The pilot episode is very close to the book but after that it has seperate story lines from the books. It was a favorite of mine to watch as a kid too, after reading the books with my aunt.

Corie
03-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Are you talking about current shows on TV? If so, we like The Middle, The Goldbergs, Fresh Off The Boat.

SnuggleBuggles
03-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Are you talking about current shows on TV? If so, we like The Middle, The Goldbergs, Fresh Off The Boat.

Any! I forgot new ones. :). We watch AFV, Modern Family and The Middle too. Loved Galavant but the season ended.

AngB
03-08-2016, 10:40 PM
My 4 yo DS likes some parts of Fuller House. And DH ended up binge watching it this weekend.

ourbabygirl
03-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Ha! Crazily enough, my 5 and 7 year olds started watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy with us on vacation recently, so we try to catch WOF every night after dinner if we're home. Jeopardy is on while DD is still on at school. :)
Thanks for starting this thread! I'd forgotten about LHOtP- it would be fun to watch with them this summer.

SummerBaby
03-08-2016, 11:07 PM
DH and my girls love Last Man Standing. It's ABC, but is in reruns on CMT.

baymom
03-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Any! I forgot new ones. :). We watch AFV, Modern Family and The Middle too. Loved Galavant but the season ended.

My kids LOVE Fresh of the Boat & The Goldbergs, as well. Love as in they've seen every episode multiple times, love.

rlu
03-08-2016, 11:29 PM
DS is older so we watch Castle, DWTS, Dr Oakley Yukon Vet, Supergirl and Agent Carter (yes, my son's favorite superheroes are pretty women, but they are strong, intelligent team-players). We DVD everything and then watch together. I also DVD The Voice which DS and I watch before school over the week.

We did watch Diggers and Treehouse Masters for a while. A bit of language in Diggers though (blepped but still).

When DS was younger we watch Home Improvement (DVD) but otherwise I'm drawing a blank for now. Oh, Croc Hunter!

eta: we may be watching The Internet Ruined My Life with DS but want to preview first. Starts this week on syfy.

twowhat?
03-08-2016, 11:56 PM
We don't have cable but on vacation in hotels we ALL love Fixer Upper! We enjoy most of the HGTV shows...that tiny house show, Love it or List it, House Hunters...

94bruin
03-09-2016, 01:25 AM
We like to watch The Amazing Race.

Twin Mom
03-09-2016, 10:13 PM
We're watching Supergirl and Ellen's Design Challenge right now. DC also want to watch Fuller House but I don't think they will wait to watch it with me!

belovedgandp
03-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Modern Marvels
How the States Got Their Shape

I feel like there's another myth busters or something else along those lines that the DVR catches.

SnuggleBuggles
03-09-2016, 10:48 PM
I forgot Brain Games. We love that!

lizzywednesday
03-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Modern Marvels
How the States Got Their Shape

I feel like there's another myth busters or something else along those lines that the DVR catches.

I like Mysteries at the Museum, Cities of the Underworld, and Mysteries at the Castle all of which are a little creepier, but similar in tone, to Modern Marvels (which I also enjoy, but not as consistently.) Every

MythBusters is a HUGE one in our house (I am sad they ended, but excited to see what they all do next); I also like Outrageous Acts of Science, but would emphasize, like MythBusters, you do NOT try it at home. There was another two-guys-do-build-offs team show, but I don't remember what it was called!

newnana
03-10-2016, 05:12 PM
We loved Just Add Magic! DD is really hoping for another season and I enjoyed watching it with her.

Now we're streaming the PBS The Great British Baking Show from PBS streamed by Amazon someone on here recommended and loving that. It's a baking challenge and the contestants are really supportive of one another.