PDA

View Full Version : Diabolos - newest thing?

rlu
03-08-2016, 11:38 PM
So this company held an assembly at DS school today to demonstrate and have the kids play with these "Chinese yoyos".

http://store.jestergames.com/

They are selling them this week at the school and the school will get a few for PE (depending on sales I guess??) I'm not thrilled with this selling aspect of it.

DS is better than average with the kendama and volunteered to play with the diabolo at school during the assembly. He said he was pretty good at it and wants one. Unlike the kendama, this is definitely an outside only toy.

ugh, but his birthday is coming up.

any experience with these? Are these the next fad? They are selling them at school for $25 (you want rubber ones, not plastic given how often this will hit the ground so I think $25 is fair price given what I've seen on amazon) so not outrageous. We risked only $10 on his first kendama and that worked out well for us.

georgiegirl
03-09-2016, 12:03 AM
My stepbrothers daughter played something like that. She and her Girl Scout friends put on a show with them (8th grade I think).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KrisM
03-09-2016, 12:27 AM
DS2 bought one in China at Epcot 2 years ago. It still gets played with but no one is great at it here.

Not sure if it's a fad. I haven't seen them here. Kendamas were last year and now it's cubes (rubik style) at middle.

rlu
03-09-2016, 01:28 AM
Not sure if it's a fad. I haven't seen them here. Kendamas were last year and now it's cubes (rubik style) at middle.

I have seen the cubes now that you mention it. DS has no interest in them.