PDA

View Full Version : Invitation ideas for boy's movie party watching Star Wars?

khalloc
03-09-2016, 10:32 AM
I want to email an invitation out. Are there any other places to use besides Evite? I didnt find any invite designs that I love there. Plus I need help with wording. Basically I want to say that we are watching The Force Awakens and having pizza, cake & ice cream. I was thinking of having the party from 4-7 on a Saturday.

Thanks in advance!

SnuggleBuggles
03-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Try Punchbowl. ETA- they have them http://www.punchbowl.com/invitations/category/star-wars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
03-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Hit send too soon. "Join child's name for his 8th birthday with pizza, cake and The Force Awakens!"
You don't need fancy wording. :)

goldenpig
03-09-2016, 08:35 PM
We used this one from Punchbowl:
http://www.punchbowl.com/invitations/preview/5694138e196c6f19a7002494/5694152d24e4b31ef0000ad1
It has The Force Awakens pic.
The front says "Come join us in a galaxy far far away...for The Force Awakens." I changed "The Force Awakens" to "DS's 6th birthday!"
And on the inside I put "Calling all young Jedi to join the Force for Episode VI: DS's birthday party! Star Wars Lego we will build. Do or do not, there is no try. May the Force be with you!"
Pretty much every boy in his class is having a Star Wars birthday this year, LOL.

khalloc
03-11-2016, 09:03 AM
I just thought of one more thing - do you think there will be much opposition to 8 year old boys watching this movie? Its rated PG-13. I saw it and thought it was fine for my 8 year old. Should I include a note in the invite? I will change the party plans if too many kids arent allowed to watch it. But I suspect alot of kids have seen it already.

SnuggleBuggles
03-11-2016, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't worry. You put the title out there, people can decide. I think most kids that age have seen it already anyway, like you said.

PZMommy
03-11-2016, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't worry. I think most have probably already seen it. My 6 yr old saw it, and the only reason my 4 yr old didn't is because he can't sit long enough at a theater. When it comes on DVD, he will see it too.