PDA

View Full Version : What's new for babies?

infocrazy
03-09-2016, 12:04 PM
My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby! My youngest is approaching four and honestly he is a fourth kid anyway so I am behind on the latest and greatest baby stuff! Any ideas for new must haves? It's a girl!

AngB
03-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Congrats!
We had a Rock N Play with my 4 yo but they have much nicer ones out now. My 6 month old has really outgrown it but it's soooo convenient to set him in for a few seconds while I'm doing stuff in the same room.

The Mamaroo seems like a love/hate item like baby swings. If this is their first then it's probably worth getting/recommending, maybe not if it's their 3rd or 4th. (Like for DS3, he is such a happy content baby, we barely ever even used the swing for him just because he didn't really get fussy very much, I debated getting a Mamaroo but I'm really glad we didn't. DS2 LIVED in the swing and the Mamaroo probably would have been awesome for him.)

legaleagle
03-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Love our halo bassinet. I coslept with my older 3 but wanted a bassinet this time since he's a winter baby. I have the base model without light/vibration etc

essnce629
03-10-2016, 03:47 AM
Another vote for the Rock N Play. Everyone seems to love them!

infocrazy
03-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately the rock n play is gone from their registry already. I was going to get it too since it has gotten so much love here!

jgenie
03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
A nice baby carrier. The Ergos get lots of love.

gymnbomb
03-10-2016, 11:36 AM
A nice baby carrier. The Ergos get lots of love.

My Ergo has been one of my favorite baby purchases! There are a lot of nice ones that I think are more alike than different (Ergo, Becco, Boba, Tula, etc.).

AngB
03-10-2016, 11:59 AM
My Ergo has been one of my favorite baby purchases! There are a lot of nice ones that I think are more alike than different (Ergo, Becco, Boba, Tula, etc.).

Tulas seem all the rage in our area now that Ergo's are more mainstream.