PDA

View Full Version : iphone 6 /6s-- which carrier has the best deal ( with plan)?

daisy13
03-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Hi all
My company used to pay for my phone/ service ( I know- I am lucky). Now, management has changed and they are stopping that benefit.

I am clueless about the best plans out there..

So which carrier has the best plans / rates these days? I think I would need a decent data size and minutes. nothing outrageous...

I would like an iphone 6 or 6s..

I can actually buy a phone from Apple with employee discount( close friend works for Apple)..

thanks !

csnoop
03-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Do you know which carrier you have right now? I don't know who has the best deal right now. But you should probably figure out first which carrier (of the big 4) has good coverage in your area or where you use it. I have Verizon for work. The main reason is that our current office is like a cave. You can't get any phone reception except Verizon. At my co-worker's house, she can only get Verizon as well. It's just the two of us at the office. I live in a major urban area with a huge tech presence so you would think that everything works here.

We have Ting (Sprint-based) for our home cell phone. It works fine but I would not bring it to use at the office for the reason listed above. We have T-Mobile data on our ipad through an old promotion (free 100MB per month). But when we go to visit the ILs, there is no coverage on the drive there through T-Mobile or Sprint. I have to rely on my Verizon phone. This is just to say that not all plans are equal.

CC

daisy13
03-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Do you know which carrier you have right now? I don't know who has the best deal right now. But you should probably figure out first which carrier (of the big 4) has good coverage in your area or where you use it.
CC

thanks!I have ATT now.. I know that T mobile and Verizon have decent coverage in my area ..

candaceb
03-09-2016, 06:30 PM
I was just at Target and they are offering a $200 gift card for buying an iphone 6s with a 2 year contract.
The last time I checked, the employee discount was 15% off a full priced item - so you have to buy the phone outright.

daisy13
03-09-2016, 06:32 PM
I was just at Target and they are offering a $200 gift card for buying an iphone 6s with a 2 year contract.
The last time I checked, the employee discount was 15% off a full priced item - so you have to buy the phone outright.

thanks- which carrier is that?

candaceb
03-09-2016, 08:21 PM
I know there were several - I definitely saw AT&T and Verizon listed.

AnnieW625
03-11-2016, 12:55 PM
We have only ever had Verizon because they have always had the best service where we have lived and worked. I would look at service areas first. I think AT&T, Sprint, and TMobile have slightly better pricing, but I am happy with Verizon's coverage.