PDA

View Full Version : itchy rash... on me

lmh2402
03-12-2016, 09:37 PM
i am too worn out to post pictures right now, but I woke up in the middle of the night with fierce itching right above the band of my underwear. I felt my skin and there were raised bumps

I got really freaked out and got out of bed to look in the bathroom mirror. sure enough red welts. grabbed a flashlight b/c I became convinced we had bed bugs.

started pulling my side of the bed apart but didn't see anything. didn't want to wake DH b/c I just couldn't deal with a conversation at that point.

got up this morning. still welt from just past my bellybutton, going across my mid-section and then down toward the front of my left hip joint. so crossing my midline but not by much.

i assume(d) that the welt by my hip were there last night and I didn't see them until morning.

pulled my bed apart again and still saw nothing.

have been anxious and depressed about it all day. no idea how or where I would have gotten any sort of bed bug. we were away, but that was the end of January.

this evening in the shower I now have three more welts a bit further down my left leg. same look. same dreadful itch.

so...what's the deal?!

could it possibly be shingles...again?! i thought shingles never crossed the midline. but this is very reminiscent of the last time I had it - I get horrible itch, not really pain.

what other options?

or could it be a bug, but why would I get welts during the day that I found tonight?

nothing is new - same detergent, same soap, shampoo, moisturizer. even the same clothing - nothing new lately.

i'm so tired and just freaked out.

i was ready to try and find some service to bring in a bedbug sniffing dog. but now i'm not sure...

mackmama
03-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Bedbugs I think typically have about 3 bumps in a line. Is that what yours look like? I don't think the bumps are big for bedbugs but maybe I'm wrong. When you mentioned welt, I think of a much bigger area. So sorry...

SnuggleBuggles
03-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Sounds like hives maybe.
I get hives from something I haven't figured out yet, I suspect some sort of oil, herb or spice as they come on after eating new foods, whenever they happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk