PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleanup - Goals, Accomplishments, and Ongoing Tasks

lizzywednesday
03-13-2016, 02:36 PM
I had to tidy the house recently for two reasons: DD's birthday (needed a place to cool her cake) and my mom visiting (to help mind DD while DH and I met with DD's teacher & principal)

It's not exceptionally tidy, but I did manage to mop (YAY!) which means the gross salt tracked into the house is no longer being spread over the floors.

However, there are a few more areas to tackle, including the 3rd floor (while the weather's still cool!) ... so, here's this week's schedule:

MONDAY, 3/14

GOALS:

Replace 3rd floor closet doorknob with LOCKING doorknob (to prevent DD from playing there).
Get cedar hangers for clothes on clothes rack.
Evaluate any hanging clothing for style, fit, and possible use in the next 6mos-1yr.
Throw away anything that won't be used.
Round up outgrown/baby toys DD has scattered all over the place & put into empty bin.
Decide what to do with binned toys.
Clear up green Easter grass DD scattered all over the place.
Throw out anything not in use.
Make a final keep/toss decision about any big baby items.

TUESDAY, 3/15

GOALS:

3rd floor landing
2nd floor landing
1st floor landing

WEDNESDAY, 3/16

GOALS:

Master bedroom floor pickup
Vacuum Master Bedroom floor
Launder sheets & duvet covers
Launder drapes
Wipe down blinds
Clean windows
Dust dressers, nightstands, bed-frame

THURSDAY, 3/17

GOALS:

Vacuum stairs
Collect "birthmas" gifts for shipping
Address photo mailer for ILs
Help DD write note to ILs to enclose w/photo
Clear kitchen table

lizzywednesday
03-15-2016, 02:44 PM
MONDAY, 3/14

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

Throw away anything that won't be used.
Round up outgrown/baby toys DD has scattered all over the place & put into empty bin.
Clear up green Easter grass DD scattered all over the place.
Throw out anything not in use.

The only "big" item on the list that didn't get done was the doorknob replacement because I can't remember where DH and I stashed it.

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2016, 02:48 PM
My goal is the basement. Last week I organized my "party shelves", the shelving where I keep all the supplies I need when we throw a party. The area had gotten disorganized somehow so I got that back in shape. Yesterday I started the "dump everything here" room. Ugh. Why do have so much stuff?? Oddest find? A box of Harry Potter movie 4 valentines; they are awesome! I did keep those but I donated 2 large boxes and 1 garbage bag worth of stuff to the Veterans. I love the ease of scheduling front porch pick ups! Lots more to do today (and tomorrow...).

lizzywednesday
03-18-2016, 08:26 AM
TUESDAY, 3/15; WEDNESDAY, 3/16

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

2nd floor landing
1st floor landing

While these areas are not totally done, I do have a better idea of what's going on there.

The 3rd floor landing needs to be done when the weather is cool.

I also lost a day with last-minute purchases for dinner prep.