PDA

View Full Version : eat or toss - canned soup?

♥ms.pacman♥
03-13-2016, 07:05 PM
i've had an on and off fever/chills/congestion since yesterday afternoon (and of course, DH has been OOT all weekend :(). i have little appetite for anything, but would love chicken soup so i am not so weak (i need to get kids bathed, into bed, etc). in the pantry we have 1 can of chicken & rice soup, with "best by" date of 2013...would you eat it?? it's either that or continue eating saltines and whatever i can stand..

SnuggleBuggles
03-13-2016, 07:08 PM
I'd eat it if it didn't look or smell off. But, it'd be my last resort. Any friends that'd drop food off for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trcy
03-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Toss, I wouldn't want to risk felling worse because of bad soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

♥ms.pacman♥
03-13-2016, 07:20 PM
I'd eat it if it didn't look or smell off. But, it'd be my last resort. Any friends that'd drop food off for you?

the thing is, i can't really smell due to being congested. and nope, nobody close by, we moved last year and don't really know our neighbors.

i am now kicking myself bc i realize could have ordered it earlier today from Amazon prime Now with 2 hr delivery, but i diidn't think of that until now. and DH supposed gets home in 2 hrs. I would wait until he arrives, but kids totally need baths etc before then.

can you tell my DH traveling stresses me out?? LOL. something always happens.

SnuggleBuggles
03-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Skip the baths. Nothing bad will happen. And order in some food. Lots of restaurants have soup. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy
03-13-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling sick. I wouldn't eat it with an expiration of 2013. It could be fine and end up being fine, but I still wouldn't chance it if you are sick.

SummerBaby
03-13-2016, 07:40 PM
I would toss. Not worth the risk. Better to just eat the saltines and skip the kids baths. Do grocery stores near you deliver? Mine do- that would be a good option for you.

mackmama
03-13-2016, 09:19 PM
I would not risk bad soup. So sorry you're sick. Can you order some delivery soup?

♥ms.pacman♥
03-13-2016, 10:56 PM
thanks all. i ended up ordering some via amazon Prime now, and it came right after DH arrived. i had DH do baths etc..it's almost 10pm and they're still not in bed, but i just couldn't deal. and they really really needed a bath today (like hadn't had a bath for 3 days, splashed around in muddy water today). I don't typically get fevers (like once every several years, if that) and i've forgotten how miserable it is. i just pray that i'm well enough to go into work tomorrow and then to take DH for his surgery the day after.

the delivery though is good option. i should look into that for the future.