PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue itinerary questions

khalloc
03-14-2016, 09:25 AM
So I book flights for DH and I for our vacation in August. For the first few weeks after booking I was able to log into their site and look at my itinerary and change seats/etc... but now when I log in, it has all the buttons greyed out and it took away the seat I selected when I booked the flight and I cannot choose a seat. It says "This itinerary is not eligible for seat selection"...any idea why? I didnt pay a really low price. And it let me select a seat a month ago when I booked! Could something else be at play, like they are changing the type of aircraft, or something? Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. My seat for my return flight is still in there and showing with the seat I selected. DH will only fly in an aisle seat so I want to make sure he gets that (we booked really early and there were lots of aisle seats open when we booked. Plus I would like to sit together or across the aisle from him.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
03-14-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm a little confused. It sounds like you picked seats when you booked. What does your confirmation show, in your original purchase email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khalloc
03-14-2016, 10:23 AM
ugh. I cant even find the original email! But it says we're booked online. they have just taken away the option to make ANY changes. I sent them an email.

wellyes
03-14-2016, 12:22 PM
Jet Blue has always given me the option to select seats when I check in 48 hours in advance.

khalloc
03-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Jet Blue has always given me the option to select seats when I check in 48 hours in advance.

Yeah, but I dont want to wait until 48 hours before my flight and find out we dont have seats and there are no aisle seats left to choose. I emailed them and they said they still had us in 13C & 13D and that they are having problems with their website and its not allowing some people to go in and manage their flights

wellyes
03-15-2016, 09:18 AM
I don't understand why you need to change seats if you already had an aisle seat?

gymnbomb
03-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Yeah, but I dont want to wait until 48 hours before my flight and find out we dont have seats and there are no aisle seats left to choose. I emailed them and they said they still had us in 13C & 13D and that they are having problems with their website and its not allowing some people to go in and manage their flights

With this information I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like it is a website problem, but their system has your seat assignments saved correctly.

khalloc
03-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Because it doesnt show my seat on the website anymore. It just shows an "*". So I thought I lost my seat that I had picked originally. Thats what I was worried about. Plus, from past flight experiences, I have had airlines boot me out of my seat and place me elsewhere on the plane. So I like to check the flight every now and then to make sure I still have my seat. That way there, if I dont, I can pick another seat for myself. I am not picky about my seat, but DH has a hissy fit if he isnt in the aisle and I dont want to deal with that...He has long legs and very broad shoulders and gets a bit claustrophobic on planes. I would ride in the luggage hold if it meant going to the Caribbean. LOL.