PDA

View Full Version : Blinking Ad at Top of Forums….. Not good for Migraine Sufferers

solsister
03-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Not to be a total weirdo, but I get serious migraines, and blinking lights, etc., can sometimes trigger them. Lately, I have noticed a blinking ad at the top of some of the forums, and Im wondering if anyone else has the same problem? I get a knot in my stomach when I see a blinking light, as I don't know when my migraine will be trigged, or not.

jgenie
03-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Not to be a total weirdo, but I get serious migraines, and blinking lights, etc., can sometimes trigger them. Lately, I have noticed a blinking ad at the top of some of the forums, and Im wondering if anyone else has the same problem? I get a knot in my stomach when I see a blinking light, as I don't know when my migraine will be trigged, or not.

If you log in, does the ad disappear?

mackmama
03-14-2016, 05:04 PM

I have the exact same issue with blinking lights or overhead fans. I am logged in and don't see the ad here thank goodness. Try logging in maybe?

TwinFoxes
03-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Members who are logged in don't see ads. Easy solution. :)

citymama
03-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Members who are logged in don't see ads. Easy solution. :)

Yeah, I've never seen a blinking ad!

solsister
03-14-2016, 07:00 PM
I am logged in, but had to log in to make the post. Ha!
I was surprised that I was logged out, actually. Now, I'm confused.
Not sure where I saw the ad, and I know it's not there all of the time, so I wonder if it's when I am logged out,
and now aware of it. I just notice it once in a while. Off to figure it all out

alandenisefields
03-14-2016, 10:47 PM
That is right—the ads on the boards only show up for folks who are not logged in. We use the ad money to pay for the bandwidth to run the boards.

If you are not logged in and see an ad that is an issue, please PM or email us. We're happy to make sure that one doesn't appear again.

Alan
Baby Bargains