PDA

View Full Version : I hate doing the taxes.

Kestrel
03-17-2016, 07:49 PM
Every year, I say I'm going to start earlier. Every year I don't.

Home business, commission job, and wage job; medical crap, daycare crap, ect, ect, ect.... 55 hours worth this year - before it goes to the CPA. :(

No matter when I do it, it still sucks.

Pennylane
03-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Before it goes to the CPA? Wow, that is tons of work. I was just complaining because I had to make 22 copies [emoji23] .

An

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

liz
03-18-2016, 08:36 AM
I feel for you, that's a LOT of time preparing! DH and I finally found a system for keeping things in place, but it still takes us several hours to organize it. Hopefully you'll get $$ back OP!

khm
03-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Every year, I say I'm going to start earlier. Every year I don't.

Home business, commission job, and wage job; medical crap, daycare crap, ect, ect, ect.... 55 hours worth this year - before it goes to the CPA. :(

No matter when I do it, it still sucks.

55 hours!? Can your CPA give you any advice on how to better deal with it all? That seems like so much time, I'd lose my mind!!

The last few years I make a pack of files and put it by the kitchen desk. As tax-y stuff came in, it went right into the files. We aren't super complicated, but all the stuff is in one spot which helps enormously.

Immediately after taxes were done one year, I made a quick handwritten list on one of the folders so I knew all the stuff that had been required. It was a great "checklist" for the next year when the paperwork started coming in again.