PDA

View Full Version : what bag?

megs4413
03-17-2016, 08:31 PM
This is my first time going with one still in diapers! We'll have two strollers with us, so we should have some storage space in the baskets and we'll be wearing magic bands. I will need to carry epi-pens, DS' glucometer and blood sugar emergency stuff, and inhalers. Otherwise, just typical storage needs for one in diapers. I like to have my hands free, so I want a backpack or slingpack, but the MOST important part is that I don't want it to make me hot. Any ideas? What kind of bag do you use at the parks? TIA!

Chitowngirl
03-17-2016, 09:14 PM
I take two bags. An envirosax full of stuff that I don't mind leaving in the bottom of the stroller. Typically things like extra snacks, bottles of water, extra diapers, jackets, stroller rain cover, sunscreen, ect. Basically anything that we need, but that I would also be ok if someone stole it. I like the envirosax vs leaving the stuff free floating in the stroller because it's easier to quickly get things out if you need to fold the stroller (to get on a bus for example).

I then had a teeny tiny backpack I used for everything else - all the emergency/medical stuff, the camera, ect. I didn't carry a wallet since we had the magic bands. I would move things from below the stroller to the backpack as needed - for example bring one diaper and the wipes to the bathroom for a diaper change or just one snack to eat while waiting in line vs hauling everything at all times. I wanted to keep the bag I carried as small and light as possible figuring I could always "reload" at any time when we were at the stroller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8
03-17-2016, 10:08 PM
I think I'm going to do the same... One or two enviro sacks with diapers, wipes, clothes, jackets, sunscreen, water, snacks and lunch, to leave under the stroller. I have a small cross body from eddie Bauer I'll keep with me, with phone, sun glasses, lip gloss and ID. (We will have magic bands, but I'm way too paranoid to leave my ID in the room. :) )

jam224
03-17-2016, 11:10 PM
This is my first time going with one still in diapers! We'll have two strollers with us, so we should have some storage space in the baskets and we'll be wearing magic bands. I will need to carry epi-pens, DS' glucometer and blood sugar emergency stuff, and inhalers. Otherwise, just typical storage needs for one in diapers. I like to have my hands free, so I want a backpack or slingpack, but the MOST important part is that I don't want it to make me hot. Any ideas? What kind of bag do you use at the parks? TIA!

Last time we went to Disney World, DD was 9 months old, wow! Back then I had a Ju-Ju-Be Be Quick as a handy mini diaper bag. It was the perfect size for several disposable diapers, a disposable changing pad, diaper cream, and some hand sanitizer. It was super easy to grab and go. I tossed it in the stroller basket when I didn't need it. The disposable changing pads were great. I reused them as long as they were clean, but did toss them after a few days of use. Another Be Quick might also work for your other must-need items, to keep them contained.

I'm going through the same conundrum as to which bag I want to bring for our upcoming trip. Last time DH had a backpack with most of our gear, so I carried a tiny Baggallini purse with my essentials: cash, credit cards, ID, P&S camera, cell phone, and lip balm. I'm contemplating bringing either my sling Baggallini bag or my trusty Ameribag, because I would like the option to carry my own water bottle this time. I haven't decided yet.

Oh, and if you do need more storage on your strollers, I really liked this stroller net bag: http://www.amazon.com/J-L-Childress-Sling-Stroller-Cargo/dp/B001UFCJ9O/. We put lightweight things in it, like my nursing cover and burp cloths. I don't like to hang a bunch of stuff on the stroller handles due to the tipping hazard.

bisous
03-18-2016, 01:24 AM
I take two bags. An envirosax full of stuff that I don't mind leaving in the bottom of the stroller. Typically things like extra snacks, bottles of water, extra diapers, jackets, stroller rain cover, sunscreen, ect. Basically anything that we need, but that I would also be ok if someone stole it. I like the envirosax vs leaving the stuff free floating in the stroller because it's easier to quickly get things out if you need to fold the stroller (to get on a bus for example).

I then had a teeny tiny backpack I used for everything else - all the emergency/medical stuff, the camera, ect. I didn't carry a wallet since we had the magic bands. I would move things from below the stroller to the backpack as needed - for example bring one diaper and the wipes to the bathroom for a diaper change or just one snack to eat while waiting in line vs hauling everything at all times. I wanted to keep the bag I carried as small and light as possible figuring I could always "reload" at any time when we were at the stroller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly my strategy as well. I've done it for years and it works great. :)