PDA

View Full Version : S/O childrens luggage

bw52
03-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Up till now we have packed all our stuff in 2 large suitcases. But thats not working anymore. Dds want their own suitcases---and so do I now for organization.

Where is a good place to look? Dds want to go pick them out at the store.

Decent brands? Dds are 4 and 7 and definetly want something "cute" and i want something that won't fall apart in a few trips.

We rarely fly, mostly car travel, but would need to fit a week of clothes in them.

Thanks

lizzywednesday
03-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Can't help you on the "cute" bit, but DD uses a wheeled carry-on sized Delsey in bright blue nylon that used to belong to DH's grandmother.

The only thing wrong with it right now is it needs to be zipped a certain way to stay closed. *shrug*

She has an owl-shaped luggage tag for some personal flair, but nothing else. We fly once per year and vacation for a week at the shore each summer.

If you're going to spend the money, it's my opinion to get something durable rather than something "cute." You can always personalize it with stickers, patches, ribbons, and luggage tags.

schrocat
03-18-2016, 12:44 PM
DS1 has a wheeled duffle bag from the Company Store that has lasted several years and gone through several international trips. It's a pain to organize though. I prefer a suitcase for that.

acmom
03-18-2016, 01:20 PM
We were in the same spot. For car trips, I recently grabbed my kids LE duffles on sale in patterns/colors they like. They are really light so the kids can carry them unless they are stuffed. They have worked well so far and I like that they work for just a night or two or for a week. I'm still figuring out what our future plan will be for flights bc I don't know if I would want to use the duffles for those (and we usually fly 1-3 times a year) bc kids are usually each carrying a backpack carry on which would mean DH and I would have to carry the duffles along with everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2016, 01:55 PM
For car trips, LLB duffel bags. I don't love them but the kids are fine with them and they squish into the car well. We flew with them recently and they were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter
03-18-2016, 03:53 PM
We use wheeled duffel bags I think ours are samsonite but I'd have to look