PDA

View Full Version : National Archives - best time?

KrisM
03-20-2016, 10:33 PM
I thought I had tickets, but I think I must not have completed the purchase, because I don't. Darn. so, we will stand in line to get in :(. We are going the first week in April. What would you suggest for the best time? First thing in the morning and get in line before it opens? How early?

I'm so bummed I screwed this up!

ahisma
03-23-2016, 10:14 PM
I'd go early and put someone in line. When we were there the lines were pretty long.

KrisM
03-23-2016, 11:09 PM
I swapped it in our itinerary to earlier in the week, since both DD and DS1 are really looking forward to it. We will plan to be in line no later than 9:30 and hope it's not too long!

TwinFoxes
03-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Oh, yikes. Yeah, that's a long line. But worth it in IMO. Definitely morning. My niece and nephews loved the archives. It really is a history lesson coming to life.

KrisM
03-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Oh, yikes. Yeah, that's a long line. But worth it in IMO. Definitely morning. My niece and nephews loved the archives. It really is a history lesson coming to life.

Do you think 9:30 is early enough for a 10am opening? I'm trying to balance it out. They don't mind waiting a bit, but we don't need to be the first in line :)

TwinFoxes
03-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Do you think 9:30 is early enough for a 10am opening? I'm trying to balance it out. They don't mind waiting a bit, but we don't need to be the first in line :)

I think so, yes. Although you are going at a busy time. But I'm with you, you don't want to spend a whole morning in line. If you go, and the line is too long, could you try again earlier another day, is there room in your schedule for that?

KrisM
03-25-2016, 08:35 AM
I think so, yes. Although you are going at a busy time. But I'm with you, you don't want to spend a whole morning in line. If you go, and the line is too long, could you try again earlier another day, is there room in your schedule for that?

Yes, I think. I swapped it to earlier hoping that maybe more people hit museums as their "must sees" first and then get to the Archives as the week goes on. (I am just rationalizing and making up reasons, I know!). But, if it's super long we can go a different morning instead.