PDA

View Full Version : Vancouvet BC next week

daisy13
03-21-2016, 12:05 AM
We are going to Vancouver for spring break.Kids are 6 and 1.5.We will be there for 5 days.Suggestions for must see/do with kids ?

TIA

Neatfreak
03-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Stanley Park
Science World (I think it might be called the Telus World of Science now)
Vancouver Aquarium
Granville Island - there's a market and I remember a section for kids

StantonHyde
03-21-2016, 10:49 AM
The Aquarium is awesome! We had a blast renting bikes and riding around Stanley Park. Granville Island is fun! We also enjoyed walking around the tree house "thing"-can't remember now. Fodors has a book just on Vancouver. That's what I used to plan our trip. (it was a couples trip so different activities--but we still loved the aquarium!)

daisy13
03-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Thank you! How is the weather in April?
Will do Stanley park/ granville island and aquarium.

What is the tree house thing?

Also- how is the public transportation? We will be staying in an airbnb place in downtown. Do we need a rental car or should we rely on the public transportation?

StantonHyde
03-21-2016, 03:13 PM
we took public transit everywhere--the bus. I am forgetting what the tree house is called. It is on the outskirts of town. You walk over a huge gorge on a bridge and then walk through on a walk way in the cedar forest. I did it and had fun and I do not like heights.

ellies mom
03-21-2016, 05:53 PM
Capilano Suspension Bridge. Absolutely an amazing place. When we go to Vancouver, we just use public transportation and walk a lot. Usually, we park our car in the hotel parking lot and leave it there until it is time to leave. Capilano provides a free shuttle and we've done the hop-on/hop-off busses as well. The water taxi is nice too. We usually stay downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schrocat
03-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Capilano Suspension Bridge. Absolutely an amazing place. When we go to Vancouver, we just use public transportation and walk a lot. Usually, we park our car in the hotel parking lot and leave it there until it is time to leave. Capilano provides a free shuttle and we've done the hop-on/hop-off busses as well. The water taxi is nice too. We usually stay downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second that. The Capilano Suspension bridge was amazing.

If you can, I'd also fit in a visit to the mining museum http://www.britanniaminemuseum.ca/

They have what I think is some of the best dim sum in the world in Vancouver. Definitely have some dim sum as one of your meals.