PDA

View Full Version : Best water bottle

boltfam
03-21-2016, 08:55 AM
I am high maintenance about my drinking water. I am newly pregnant, need to drink a lot, and can only tolerate ICE COLD water right now. I have heard Disney water tastes bad and am guessing that means it tastes like chemicals.

I know I can get cups of ice from QS counters, but does that taste bad too? We will have a double stroller, so I should be able to fit a couple of water bottles in there. So, should I get an insulated one, one with a filter, or stick to the plastic ones in a soft-sided cooler?

MMMommy
03-21-2016, 11:58 AM
If you can only stomach ice cold water, I would definitely bring an insulated water bottle. Is weight of the bottle a factor? We have many insulated bottles at home--Hydro Flask, Klean Kanteen, Contigo, and Thermos brands.

Best insulation: Hydro Flask. I think the winner for insulation and keeping water ice cold is Hydro Flask. We have the 32 oz and the 48 oz and use them with the Hydro Flask straw lid for convenience. However, these may be too large and cumbersome for you at Disney. You can also get the smaller sized Hydro Flasks with the standard mouth and add a Klean Kanteen sport top for convenient drinking. The Klean Kanteen sport tops fit the standard mouth Hydro Flasks. I read that the Hydro Flask sport tops are not as good as the Klean Kanteen sport tops.

Convenient size, but not as insulated as Hydro Flask: I like these Thermos 18 oz insulated bottles that DDs use for school. They are slim in profile (should fit any cup holder), grippy in the hand, are insulated, and very easy to clean. No straws or suctions that are hard to clean. Super easy to clean. However, I think Hydro Flask retains the cold better.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FJ9DOK/ref=sr_rp_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ie=UTF8&qid=1458575366&sr=sr-1&keywords=thermos+insulated

If you prefer a 24 oz, I also recommend this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U55EKI/ref=sr_rp_2?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ie=UTF8&qid=1458575366&sr=sr-2&keywords=thermos+insulated

Though for Disney, I think the 18 oz is more user friendly b/c of the slim profile and the hand grip feature.

Good luck and stay hydrated!

123LuckyMom
03-21-2016, 12:23 PM
We don't hate the taste of Disney water, though I know many do. We used a regular camelbak water bottle. We filled it about 3/4 full with ice and 1/4 water in the hotel in the morning and used it as the cooling agent in our small, soft sided, lunchbox sized cooler where we kept our snacks. It melted slowly and stayed truly icy cold until about 3pm. After that it was still very cold, but none of the ice was left. Since we went back to the hotel in the afternoon most days, we were able to refill it with ice, and that would stay icy until pretty late into the evening. We never tried, but I'm pretty sure a quick service restaurant would be willing to give you a cup or two full of ice and one full of water so you could refill in the park. I do think having the water bottle in the cooler was the key to its staying so cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

boltfam
03-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Thanks, ladies! I think I will order an insulated one for me. I have wanted to replace the one I lost anyway. Thanks for the info on the hydro flask v thermos. We do have some kleen kanteens with sport caps, so it's good to know that top will fit the hydro flask.

BunnyBee
03-24-2016, 09:52 AM
They sell SmartWater in the parks, but the markup is outrageous. They also sell Dasani for a small fortune, but I hate the taste of it. You can bring bottles in with you to the parks. I'm not sure if they'll let you bring in a full non-sealed insulated bottle into the parks. I know you can bring them in empty, but they don't want you bringing in alcohol. I can't remember if I've ever brought in a full one. Maybe if you only had ice in it and no liquid? The free water in some parks is better than others. Magic Kingdom is particularly off for some reason.