PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage question (plus house sale update)

LBW
03-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Update: I posted a question a month or so ago about what to do with my giant dogs while my house is listed for sale. I was considering all options -- everything from boarding to doggie daycare to keeping them in the house. Well, I was just so darned busy getting the house ready that I didn't have time to set up anything. So, the house is listed, and the dogs are (happily) still here. It's a lot more work for me, but I'm saving a good bit of money, and we're all glad to have our pups around.

We got two offers on the house fairly quickly, and are considering making an offer on a house we really like. (YAY!!!) Closing won't be for a while, since I don't want to move until the boys are finished with school. I want to start thinking about our options for mortgage companies, so I'm hoping for some good recommendations. We bank with USAA, and I've had two mortgages through them. So, I'll probably give them a call. Our current mortgage is with Provident Funding, and I've been happy with them. I've never used a mortgage broker before...is that something I should look into? If so, any recs? Any other recs for banks or other mortgage providers?

Thank you!

jawilli4
03-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news. I'm really happy for you.

I used American Federal Mortgage three-ish years ago for a refi. I had a wonderful experience with them and recommend them. I found them through Costco.com. I highly recommend submitting a search through their Mortgage Services webpage. You don't need a Costco membership to see results of current rates available to you. After I viewed my results, I searched the BBB.org plus the internet to see which ones were the best. However, I've heard that Costco won't allow lousy companies to be affiliated with them, so at least that is a first line of defense. They also offer reduced lender fees, which saved us money. Good luck! I hope you get a great rate and have a wonderful experience with whomever you choose.