PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of Stitch Fix?

gatorsmom
03-22-2016, 11:45 PM
I saw a couple posters in another thread mention this and since I"d never heard of it, I checked it out. It looks interesting but there aren't a lot of reviews that I could find. Has anyone here tried it? Did you like it? Did you keep many of the clothes they sent? TIA

georgiegirl
03-23-2016, 01:38 AM
I tried it for a few months. It was okay. I kept 1-2 pieces each time. I stopped because I felt like I could get cuter stuff for the same price or cheaper elsewhere, like Nordstrom or Anthro.) Maybe my stylist was just sucky, but my items weren't that exciting.

mom2binsd
03-23-2016, 02:03 AM
I have seen a friend's boxes three times and honestly I was not impressed, overpriced for what they got and not really their style eventhough they gave lots of info. If you have no desire to go out and shop and have extra cash to spare I guess it would be ok, but I think you could do fine on your own, especially if you took the time to look at some blogs to get some style ideas and then spend some time at Nordstorms, and other stores with good customer service.

american_mama
03-23-2016, 02:53 AM
My boss used or uses it and likes it. As best I can tell ,she started when she got a promotion and wanted to upgrade her wardrobe and had the increased salary to do it. I think she said the fit of the clothes, both in style and actual fit, improved with time. I like what she wears, slightly trendy but not super trendy, but flooks good on her and fits her well. She is very skinny without lots of curves, and average to slightly tall, so maybe an easy fit. She is someone who doesn't have a lot of time to shop or return what doesn't work, so I think that is one big appeal of Stitch Fix.

Kindra178
03-23-2016, 09:48 AM
I really like it. For a relatively small outlay (5 pieces for around $180) you get cute tops, jeans and dresses. I have gotten a couple of cute bracelets and necklaces. I have posted this before, but I think they do better when you are very specific with outfit types and needs. For example, I needed sweaters so I specifically advised that I needed sweaters to wear with jeans to kids' basketball games. I got great sweaters. I just asked for a cute summer maxi skirt outfit and I got a great skirt and top. For me, these are things I wouldn't be picking out myself. They do a nice job with fitting and sizes (not perfect, just good).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
03-23-2016, 11:17 AM
From what I can most of the reviews come in the way of Pinterest boards and if you have an awesome Pinterest board you get awesome clothes. I have been tempted to try it, but haven't. I don't mind paying $40 for an item as long as it is good quality, but if I am paying $40 for a $15 boho style top I can get at Old Navy on sale and is Old Navy quality then I won't be happy with it. If I am paying $40 for a nice top that will last a few seasons and is on par with the business casual lines I buy for work (Talbots, The Limited, a few Nordstrom brands, Ann Taylor brands, Lands End, J Crew, and Boden to name a few) then I don't have an issue with it.

Kindra, and others can you post photos of what you have gotten? Are these name brands or the Stitch Fix brand?

Also how often do you get a box? I could handle probably once every three months finance wise, but not much more.

acmom
03-23-2016, 11:23 AM
I have done it for a year or so and my review is mixed. I have gotten great boxes where I was tempted to keep all or most of the pieces and then I have gotten some where I didn't like any. It seems to really depend on the stylist you get...sometimes I can tell they really listened to what I wanted, my feedback from past items and looked at my pinterest board. Other times it seems like they didn't at all. I will say it has gotten me to try (and like) things I never would have even tried on on my own, which is nice. And its fun to get new things to try in the mail! :) After my last dud box, I stated that in the feedback and the next one was significantly improved.

smiles33
03-23-2016, 12:23 PM
I've had 3 fixes (scheduled randomly when I need them: for a 20th high school reunion, for work, and for daytime weekend wear) and have mixed reviews as well. As others stated, the more specific you are, the better. I also recommend setting up Pinterest boards so they can see what you like.

I find the items I keep are from their in-house brand (41 Hawthorn?) and pricing is comparable to name brands. So I recognize that I'm subsidizing the service but I try things on in the comfort of my home while my kids are busy elsewhere (not crammed into the dressing room with me) and I can easily return things I don't like (pre-paid mailer, woohoo!). I don't have to deal with driving/parking, going through the racks myself while dragging my kids along, going to the dressing room, etc. Totally worth it to me!

P.S. OP: if you have the funds, hiring a personal stylist who comes in person to your house to review your current wardrobe and actually sees how clothes fit on you would be even better. I would love a service like that but am unwilling to pay the $$$ to do it. I think StitchFix is the budget-friendly option of having someone choose clothes for you.

StantonHyde
03-23-2016, 01:55 PM
A bunch of women at work use it. It has been great for them. I will probably try it this summer.

AnnieW625
03-23-2016, 03:11 PM
I just scheduled my first fix to arrive in mid April, and then if I like it I will have another delivery in June or July. I need help with my summer wardrobe so I am willing to give this a try. I did request that no pants or jeans or shoes be sent because I usually have issues with sizing for those items.

Kindra178
03-23-2016, 03:38 PM
I just scheduled my first fix to arrive in mid April, and then if I like it I will have another delivery in June or July. I need help with my summer wardrobe so I am willing to give this a try. I did request that no pants or jeans or shoes be sent because I usually have issues with sizing for those items.

I understand the shoes thing but I think you should try their jeans.

AnnieW625
03-23-2016, 03:52 PM
I understand the shoes thing but I think you should try their jeans.

Are they really that good? If I can find a designer brand 33 that is usually what I wear, but have issues with the waist being big or the crotch being tight (I need a tall in most brand of jeans because for whatever reason the long length jeans work better for me), but we will see. I am sure they will probably send some anyway to try and convince me.

AnnieW625
03-23-2016, 03:52 PM
double post

Kindra178
03-23-2016, 04:02 PM
The brands I get are the same brands that are sold in local boutiques, like Harry (Henry?) and Belle or Just Black. I have never had a problem with fit.

Pennylane
03-23-2016, 04:38 PM
I just got my first box and have to say I was really surprised at how good they chose things for me. I ended up keeping 2 out of 5 items , total $140 for both. The others I just didn't need . I googled the brands and both came up as being sold at Nordstrom.

How do you create a Pinterest board so they will see it?

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

cvanbrunt
03-23-2016, 06:26 PM
I'm a big fan. I've had 15 fixes so far. Four (?) times I've kept everything and twice I've sent everything back. Otherwise I keep one or two pieces. It's an computer algorithm with a person at the end so give it as much time and information as you are willing. I have two stylists that always get it right so I ask for them. Make a pinterest board, ask for what you want, and give the feedback. For me, they are spot on with sizing.

Pennylane
03-23-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm a big fan. I've had 15 fixes so far. Four (?) times I've kept everything and twice I've sent everything back. Otherwise I keep one or two pieces. It's an computer algorithm with a person at the end so give it as much time and information as you are willing. I have two stylists that always get it right so I ask for them. Make a pinterest board, ask for what you want, and give the feedback. For me, they are spot on with sizing.

How do you connect your Pinterest board so they will see it?

Ann

cvanbrunt
03-23-2016, 10:08 PM
How do you connect your Pinterest board so they will see it?

http://blog.stitchfix.com/inside-stitchfix/creating-the-perfect-pinterest-style-board/

acmom
03-23-2016, 10:09 PM

How do you request a stylist?

cvanbrunt
03-23-2016, 10:13 PM
How do you request a stylist?

You just add it in the notes section when they send you the reminder email that they are about to start your fix. Or when you schedule it gives you the notes section to make requests about the fix.

scrooks
03-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Ok.... You sold me! I'm giving it a shot!

Pennylane
03-23-2016, 11:04 PM
http://blog.stitchfix.com/inside-stitchfix/creating-the-perfect-pinterest-style-board/

Thanks so much!

Ann

Katigre
03-24-2016, 10:12 AM
I saw a couple posters in another thread mention this and since I"d never heard of it, I checked it out. It looks interesting but there aren't a lot of reviews that I could find. Has anyone here tried it? Did you like it? Did you keep many of the clothes they sent? TIA

There are tons of reviews if you google by month (ex. Stitch Fix February 2016). It's a 'thing' with a number of bloggers to post their fixes. Pinterest also has good articles about how to get good items. A good fix will have 2/5 items that you keep. Typical is 1-2 items kept. Keeping more than 2-3 is pretty rare and not expected to happen. I have had good luck with it for nicer casual shirts.

Facebook also has some very large and active Stitch Fix groups.