PDA

View Full Version : Dental help needed

DietCokeLover
03-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Our dentist is out of town so I am turning to the wisdom of the BBB. DS has a loose tooth, but not loose enough to pull. It is causing him a lot of pain. I have been giving him ibuprofen, but hate to keep that up if there is another alternative. Anyone have some suggestions of what we could do to give him some comfort?

Meatball Mommie
03-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Whenever my kids had a loose tooth that was painful, it was a sign that it was ready to come out asap. It usually had a long spikey edge or corner where the root was and that's what was causing pain. Does that make sense? Is it a molar? Those were the worst for my 2.

smiles33
03-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Did you call the dentist's office anyway? Usually they have a call service so they can either connect you to the dentist remotely (s/he calls you back) to answer questions or possibly refer you to a colleague who is covering for the dentist while s/he is out of town. You may need someone to pull the tooth for DS, especially if it's hurting.

Good luck resolving this quickly!

HannaAddict
03-24-2016, 12:46 PM
I'd say keep ibuprofen and usually at that point they come out pretty quickly. If it is normal dentist hours I would definitely call and ask if they have any other suggestions. Distraction and okay with screen time if it distracts them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jren
03-24-2016, 01:23 PM
My DS always complains of pain for a few days before the tooth falls out. Sometimes as long as a week. More of a mild toothache and not all day searing pain. As long as it's really wiggly I would just let it run its course and give meds if he's requesting them. I have a neighbor whose DD's baby teeth have really long roots and they usually need to be pulled as they will become loose but never come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk