PDA

View Full Version : what to do: DS lost/left his iPod at friend's house

firstbaby
03-24-2016, 09:05 PM
DS brought his iPod over to a friend's house earlier today and now can't find it. He's convinced he left it inside the house, but TBH he can be a hot mess and not the best memory for where he left things. He has gone over twice to try and find it and has come home empty handed but he's not the most thorough looker. I'm nervous for him bc we are supposed to get rain tonight so if he's wrong and it's outside, his iPod will get hosed. If he's correct and he misplaced it somewhere inside, it should turn up and the friend's parents know he tried to find it inside the house. Should I put the iPod on "lost" mode? He said the battery died while at friend's house so not sure what to do. I'm irritated - he's 12 and we were *this close* to thinking he was ready for a phone this summer.

RiverRat
03-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Do you have the find my iPhone app on it? Use that and you can see where it is. If it's there, call the parents and ask them to listen for it, then play the sound and they should here it. You may have to play it a few times for them to figure out where it is in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

firstbaby
03-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Will it play the sound even if the iPod is off bc the battery is dead?

pastrygirl
03-24-2016, 10:44 PM
If you have Find my IPhone, it should show the last location transmitted even if the battery is dead. Though, that might be a feature that you have to enable; not sure if it's on by default.

ETA: I can see where all of our devices are, at least to know if they are here or at someone else's house. But it won't help with finding out exactly where it is.