PDA

View Full Version : easy homemade appetizer to take to Bunco

AnnieW625
03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
semi homemade is fine as well:)

I am thinking of taking a Brie dip (Brie with raspberry habanero sauce from Pampered Chef) to Bunco tonight, but I also don't want to show up with just chips and hummus, and would love some other options. I don't have much time to get this made tonight either.

I bought the Brie baker gift set at Christmas and I love that the dip is in a presentable container:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+%26+Snacks/Christmas/Warm+Raspberry+Habanero+Brie/1004554http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/f534d68c843c11f29d165cf3f64ad636.jpg

I am Catholic so it is a no meat Friday for me and would also prefer gluten free (for me), but I don't know how many of the moms are following the no meat thing for Friday. This is a Bunco group if mom's from my Dd2's kinder class so I am not sure who is a strict Catholic and who isn't.

SnuggleBuggles
03-25-2016, 03:35 PM
That looks good. It's always well received when we take baked Brie to a party. We usually just do raspberry jam.
I am a big fan of mini mozzarella balls, cherry or grape tomatoes, a bit of basil on a toothpick with some balsamic poured on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jren
03-25-2016, 03:42 PM
One super easy app that I've brought is goat stuffed peppadew peppers. Drain the peppers, pipe the cheese in using plastic bag with end snipped off, chill and done. They're so pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khm
03-25-2016, 04:31 PM
I usually take the Shape Magazine Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I love it and always take home an empty bowl!

Liziz
03-25-2016, 04:42 PM
If you have good strawberries yet (I'm just seeing them here) -- mix a log of goat cheese with some honey (to taste) and stuff the strawberries (just use a paring knife to hollow out). Easy and SO tasty! I'm not clear if you're looking for something besides the Brie or in addition to it -- but if it's just one thing, then the Brie looks awesome.

Charlie
03-25-2016, 04:59 PM
I love Brie so I think that's a good choice. Or, I also am a big fan of those veggie trays / fruit trays that come with dip from the produce section at the supermarket or Costco.

gatorsmom
03-25-2016, 05:20 PM
I have a very good, easy-to-throw-togehter salsa recipe that always gets compliments. It's basically dumping cans togehter. Let me know if you'd like it.

AnnieW625
03-25-2016, 06:06 PM
I always love a good salsa recipe! Thanks Gatorsmom. Your Rainbow Fruit Salad gets rave reviews from my family too!

gatorsmom
03-25-2016, 06:10 PM
I always love a good salsa recipe! Thanks Gatorsmom. Your Rainbow Fruit Salad gets rave reviews from my family too!

lol, I forgot that I shared that. I made the fruit salad for our family get together tonight along with this salsa. I'll pm you.

urquie
03-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Super easy - corn salsa and black beans, with Fritos for dipping.

I like TJ's corn salsa.
Best if you can drain and rinse the beans.
If you have the time and ingredients add some or all... ground cumin, fresh cilantro, lime or lemon juice, diced tomatoes.

mackmama
03-25-2016, 08:56 PM
I have a very good, easy-to-throw-togehter salsa recipe that always gets compliments. It's basically dumping cans togehter. Let me know if you'd like it.

I would love this recipe too- thanks!

trcy
03-25-2016, 09:13 PM
I would love this recipe too- thanks!

Me too and the fruit salad recipe, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

gcc2k
03-25-2016, 09:34 PM
I love brie, but I have a different version: pack down a thin layer of brown sugar over the wheel. Cover in chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc) then drizzle with honey. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so. Make sure the honey covers the nuts so they don't burn. I just did this for a wine party I had a couple weeks ago and everyone raved about it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk