PDA

View Full Version : Can you all help out a total Disney newbie?

kep
03-26-2016, 10:21 AM
My brother has just invited me to join him at Disney World during the last week of April. He would fly in on a Sunday, have a couple days at the park, and then leave on Wednesday. Flights from my area are only around $100-$130, which seems crazy cheap to me. I have no idea if I'm going to be able to swing this, with childcare being my biggest concern. It would just be me, and my 13 month old. What would be the cheapest way to go about this? Do they have Park Passes for just two days? Do they offer meal plans for such a short period of time? Are tickets for babies expensive? I would love to go without any kids, but there's just no way I can leave my little guy for three or four days. He is still very dependent on nursing.

I've only been to Disney Land once, and I was a kid who had nothing to do with the planning. I feel like a fish out of water! I am thinking that because I'm not taking a bunch of kids with me, I don't have to have the trip is heavily planned as I would otherwise. For example, I don't want to go to any meet and greets, there's nothing absolutely want to ride, etc. I would sure appreciate any help you guys can give me!

Smillow
03-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Go! Children under 3 don't need tickets. Have fun and consider it reconaisance for a family trip at some future date. You can get 1 day tickets.

SnuggleBuggles
03-26-2016, 10:38 AM
They do short dining plans but I've never understood the appeal of them. But, I'm a light eater, non soda drinker who rarely has dessert.
Sounds like a great trip! It's nice to just be able to wing it.
If you buy your ticket online now, you can start reserving fast passes. Might be nice to have a few guaranteed rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
03-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Go!! I would skip the dining plan. You can each get a two day pass. Since it would just be two adults I would spring for park hoppers so you could move about as you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

kep
03-26-2016, 02:49 PM
What would be reasonable for food/drink for one adult per day?

Also, is there a Marriott hotel that shuttles to Disney?

123LuckyMom
03-26-2016, 04:09 PM
If you budget $15 per meal for quick service, I think you'll be really safe! That should buy you dessert, too or leave money for the occasional Mickey bar ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

egoldber
03-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Another quick service tip. The meals are sold on the menu as combos. But you can get any meal without a side and/or without a drink. Typically we just get the entree and drink our own water.

kep
03-26-2016, 04:20 PM
This is so helpful, thank you guys!! :D

jgenie
03-26-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm always happy to eat light for breakfast and have a nicer meal at lunch and or dinner. Pack shelf stable items in your luggage - granola bars, couple of bagels, peanut butter if you don't have allergies. They won't take up much room and they can always make the return trip if you don't use them.