PDA

View Full Version : WWYD: A/c not working in suite on vacation

vludmilla
03-26-2016, 11:50 AM
We are on vacation in south Florida and it is very warm and super humid. Accuweather says the "real feel" today is 96, given the humidity, i suppose. We like where we are staying but the a/c is not working. Apparently it was newly installed in a rush before we came. We complained...they had the repairmen out and determined that it is leaking but it can't be fIxed until we leave on Monday. They did recharge it with refrigerant so we had a/c for awhile but it leaked out quickly. They are going to have it recharged again today but in the meantime we are dying in here. The baby is sweating, it's very unpleasant. And presumably, the recharge will only provide temporary relief again. They can't move us to another room and have not offered us any compensation. What would you ask for or expect in this situation?

TwinFoxes
03-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Honestly, I'd ask for a refund and look for another place to stay. I'd also contest the charge with the credit card company if they weren't forthcoming. Document!

trcy
03-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Honestly, I'd ask for a refund and look for another place to stay. I'd also contest the charge with the credit card company if they weren't forthcoming. Document!

ITA!
That sounds awful!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

gatorsmom
03-26-2016, 01:03 PM

:yeahthat: if they can't move you to another room I'd tell them you expect a refund. And I'd start looking for another place to sleep. Then I'd get on social media, particularly their Facebook page and tell your story. it doesn't sound like they are making a real effort to provide you with a comfortable room or value you.

nfowife
03-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Are you at a hotel? This happened to us with an apartment rental in Paris a few years ago and we were miserable. They provided fans and such but it was no Bueno. They ended up refunding us 25% of our rental fee which was a lot but I'm still bitter about it.
I'd ask for a substantial discount or be moved today. Or a full refund and check out and move to another hotel.
We just flew home from palm beach yesterday and t was nowhere near 96! More like low 70s.

HannaAddict
03-27-2016, 02:35 AM

Yes this. At least a fifty percent refund. Not okay to be miserable on vacation.

hillview
03-27-2016, 09:46 AM
That kind of heat. Full refund

JBaxter
03-27-2016, 10:06 AM
I call bull crap on fixing it I live in Florida and we had an issue yesterday they were here within 3 hrs of my call. Patched it up until the full repair can be done monday.

TwinFoxes
03-27-2016, 10:21 AM
I call bull crap on fixing it I live in Florida and we had an issue yesterday they were here within 3 hrs of my call. Patched it up until the full repair can be done monday.

I agree. Basically they're saying "the cheapo repair place we use can't get to it until Monday, and there's no way we're paying more than absolutely necessary."

doberbrat
03-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Seriously? FULL refund for any day w/o proper a/c. Its Florida. They expect it to get hot. Its not like you went to VT and got caught in the 1 heat wave of the summer.

TxCat
03-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Full refund while you move to a new hotel. So sorry you are dealing with this on vacation!

smilequeen
03-27-2016, 03:13 PM
I would expect a full refund and would pack up and be gone if they wouldn't move me. Unacceptable, especially in Florida.

mackmama
03-27-2016, 04:35 PM
This has happened to us. I'd ask to speak to a manager asap and ask the manager for a new suite and a full comp on your stay. I'd also get the name of the manager and the manager's supervisor's contact info. I'd also yelp the experience and put it on their FB page if you are not getting any assistance from them.

Bottomline I'd either get a new room or change hotels. I would not stay in the current room without AC. So sorry - what a PITA!

TwinFoxes
03-27-2016, 05:54 PM
OP, I hope your vacay has improved! Seriously, I like the heat, but what you described is miserable.